Blue Stars 2012

Saw the show for the first time live tonight. Looking great with lots of wonderful Blue Stars touches. Great strides on cleaning the music so far. I think this will sound great by August. Looking forward to seeing you again in Metamora. Thanks for a great show!

I met a guy tonight at the Medford Airport who marched 1979 Blue Stars. Timpani.

That is all.

• Like 1

It feels like a harder demand on a less experienced corps. A lot lot lot of rookies this year, most of whom have never marched. Hopefully there are rewrites in the future to make it more do-able. Houdini was one of my favorite shows by them, but Bourne felt a bit panicked comparatively. This has some of the kids looking frantic and does not play out strongly for them.

Not sure where you got your information, but the vet percentage in brass is higher than last year, percussion is about the same as last year, and the guard vet rate is very high. There are also quite a few kids with prior drum corps experience - about the same as the past three years.

• 2 weeks later...

I met a guy tonight at the Medford Airport who marched 1979 Blue Stars. Timpani.

That is all.

Awesome. Meeting a drum corps marching timpanist is like meeting a WW2 Vet. Aint too many around anymore.

• Like 1

I finally had the opportunity to see the Blue Stars show in Minneapolis. They have a very nice show this year and did a great job. As others have mentioned, the drill is very demanding. There is a lot of top end available as they continue to clean it.

I am so glad to see the Blue Stars having continued success in World Class. Go Wisconsin Drum Corps!

• Like 1