Lynn Lounge

I think you're correct with the name Tom Kane, but if you're not, we'll be corrected. My guess is that what throws the corps off is that it's not just the announcer who says "you," the audience joins in and yells "YOU" and often points, often at the encouragement of the announcer. Last night with the Colts he wanted a real warm welcome and a louder "You" which may have been a bit of a problem. My marching days and following drum corps days date back to 1975. I seem to remember it at less formal shows and some circuit shows in the late 70's/early 80's, but never at more formal events like circuit finals, CYO Nationals and World Open.

I was going to just edit the post but I think I need to hang my head in shame. Between the last post and this, I was corrected by a past Boston Crusader that the announcer is Paul Cain not Tom Kane.

Rumor had it that it was a rough show for bones. Has 2 separate falls. First one took out 5 trumpets. The next fall took out some mellows. Good recoveries I was told by a good source

hope everyone is ok today!!!

Tim,

Give me the Bishop's number and I'll tell him you were the first one to do reconciliation for the week. One Hail Mary for the Kane, one Our Father for the Tom.

Kevin

I was going to just edit the post but I think I need to hang my head in shame. Between the last post and this, I was corrected by a past Boston Crusader that the announcer is Paul Cain not Tom Kane.

• Like 2

@ Crossmen 82

Yep I can confirm that the Bones had a spill on Saturday, and it sounds like everyone is OK all things considered. My Son was one of the last trumpets to go down. He said they had no clue to what was happening as they were marching backwards and all he heard was "Oh God" then Bam, domino effect. doh.gifThey got up and kept going, didn't seem to hurt them too much score wise!

He injured his left wrist, was seen by a paramedic and may have a hairline fracture. Staff took him to an urgent care but they had no xray tech to read the film! Doesn't hurt him until they get deep into rehearsals which is to be expected (He's a tough Son of a Gun). Should be able to be seen this morning, may need a cast, may need just a wrap, will update as soon as he calls me.

Go Bones!!!

Edited by XmanDad
  • Like 2

@ Crossmen 82

Yep I can confirm that the Bones had a spill on Saturday, and it sounds like everyone is OK all things considered. My Son was one of the last trumpets to go down. He said they had no clue to what was happening as they were marching backwards and all he heard was "Oh God" then Bam, domino effect. doh.gifThey got up and kept going didn't, seem to hurt them too much score wise!

He injured his left wrist, was seen by a paramedic and may have a hairline fracture. Staff took him to an urgent care but they had no xray tech to read the film! Doesn't hurt him until they get deep into rehearsals which is to be expected (He's a tough Son of a Gun). Should be able to be seen this morning, may need a cast may need just a wrap, will update as soon as he call me.

Go Bones!!!

Best of luck to him and a speedy recovery!

Best of luck to him and a speedy recovery!

Thanks Chaddyt! Spoke with him this morning and his wrist feels fine today, doesn't sound like a hairline fracture to me, most likely a deep bruise.

Go Bones!!!

• Like 2

Glad he is doing well!