Minnesota Attendance

I'm hoping the Minnesota show draws better than it has over the past two years. The venue is great, the location is Finals level and it's outdoors. Question is, will the attendance be decent this year with the scares of the past two seasons? Any word on attendance, what can we expect?

I'm hoping the Minnesota show draws better than it has over the past two years. The venue is great, the location is Finals level and it's outdoors. Question is, will the attendance be decent this year with the scares of the past two seasons? Any word on attendance, what can we expect?

The temperature/humidity level is going to be about the same as last year - maybe 2 or 3 degrees cooler, but HOT and HUMID.

But, it WILL, be about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than most of the shows we have had in the Midwest this season! So it shouldn't make the Midwesteners stay away......other regions coming up here maybe not so favorable.

I agree with the 'Finals level' caliber of the stadium, but I can't imagine Finals being held somewhere where it can be overbearingly HOT/HUMID and could be rained out. On the other hand, once the Minnesota Vikings new stadium is completed (Hopefully with a retractable roof!) I think Minneapolis might be in the running for a Final if DCI ever goes back to a rotating schedule.

.....as for next weeks DCI event, HOT and HUMID - my prediction and I HOPE I am WRONG!!!

I loved performing in this stadium. And, I didn't live 20 hours away, a little heat and humidity wouldn't stop me from seeing all these corps live this year! I guess the fan network will have to do.

Most of the rest of the country thinks all we have is winter. Surprise, surprise.

• Like 2

The weather doesn't look too bad for next Saturday. It'll be warm (close to HOT), but so far it doesn't look oppressive like 2011.

I think attendance will be fine. There's lots of competition for spectators in the Twin Cities. There's always the fact that many people in the metropolitan area own cabins "up North", and go away on the weekends. The Twins have a home game the same night as DCI Minnesota, and the Midwest's biggest tomato fight (yes.......a tomato fight) will be going on the same time also.

Perhaps people who attend the latter event will head over to TCF Bank Stadium to "ketchup" on some drum corps. :smile:

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

Another potentially huge reason to host DCI finals at TCF stadium? Schools in Minnesota do not start until AFTER Labor Day. Two-a-days for football, and other fall sports are just getting started in early August, but facilities scheduling should be easier to work around in MN compared to other states where school starts in mid-August.

Subtitle of topic: "One year rain, next year heat, what about year 3?"

Uncontrollable flatulence.