Marching arts leaders meet in Indianapolis

On 6/5/2023 at 10:21 AM, Fran Haring said:

IMO Annapolis might have been the high-water mark for DCA, in terms of being at a top-shelf venue in a great city and big combined market (Annapolis/ DC/Baltimore). And major airports nearby. 

Yes, it was expensive for DCA to be there... but, and hindsight is always 20/20, I think it might have been DCA's last, best opportunity to grab a bigger slice of the pie, so to speak. 

Exactly what I said at the time. You have to spend money to expand the regions. They basically "tested" the waters with Annapolis and went back to bidness as usual without even realistic options. 

People keep talking about this DCI All Age Activity at the Oil Can but i doubt by the time it rolls around there will be enough units left to make a go of it. 

4 hours ago, camel lips said:

Exactly what I said at the time. You have to spend money to expand the regions. They basically "tested" the waters with Annapolis and went back to bidness as usual without even realistic options. 

People keep talking about this DCI All Age Activity at the Oil Can but i doubt by the time it rolls around there will be enough units left to make a go of it. 

i long said the regions needed to be built too. but i do think the units will be more resilient than you think for at least a few years

On 7/12/2012 at 2:02 PM, Just Another Sop said:

If they want to talk to share ideas and such, and perhaps have a major show with groups from all circuts in attendance, great. But I must say that I would never want to see a merger between DCA and DCi.

Been done. The Dream and the Hershey Spectacular. It'd be likely Hershey would still be around if not for issues between the Site and the organization running the show- a real shame.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i long said the regions needed to be built too. but i do think the units will be more resilient than you think for at least a few years

To me it feels a lot like what they (DCA) is doing is filing Chapter 13 VS Chapter 7 . They are admitting they finally need help but don't want to Liquidate completely. So they are hiring the "courts" in the case DCI to step in and "control" their assets for them and tell them how they are going to spend their money, manage their money and pay off their debts. for the next XXXX years. There may be a plan in place where DCA can take it back over completely if they can show solvency and get back on track. There may not. No one has really said at the DCA level. Or DCI may hold onto it forever.