Marching arts leaders meet in Indianapolis

Will this mean a merger between all organization?

It's nice to see DCI & DCA working together. I'm sure other large band associations may be thinking "what about us?"

yep. there's some large regional band circuits that probably should be talking to

Will this mean a merger between all organization?

I highly doubt it. DCI and DCA have members that are independent organizations, and each circuit has charters that differ ( aka DCI being all about youth). WGI and BOA have scholastic ties to both, which means a totally different charter and issues.

it is great to see them talking. There is much to be shared while maintaining independence

• Like 1

I know its been talked about before but worth mentioning again.

Short term?

It would be great to see a DCA super regional to kick off DCI finals week . Great opportunity for DCA to gain greater exposure and help grow other regions. Probably very profitable for both DCI and DCA if done correctly. Perfect time of the year for it competitively as most all of the corps are close to a complete production and running strong. It might even help some of the lower tier corps step up their game and be better prepared come championships.

With Cadets2 in the mix and a strong vote on the table I could see this happening in the next 5 years or so.

Long Term?

Moving championships to Indy. I know.!! All sorts of logistical nightmares,travel,date changes and alumni being left out. Yadda yadda yadda. But with growth in the activity I could see it happening.

Edited by camel lips

Shocking as it may be to some, we all realized a number of years ago, that we are not each other's enemies. We're all in this together, and we are working together to keep the boat floatin' .

Lets face it. The lines between DCA and DCI are getting closer and closer each year.

Why would DCA want to have their championships in Indy? The arena would dwarf the crowd. There are enough complaints about DCI being there as it is.

• Like 1