Lebanon Lounge

RECAPS UP

XMEN GUARD BEAT CAVIES :worthy:

I saw that too! Very surprised!!

Crossmen should have beat Cavies in GE Music too...

I can dream, right?

• Like 1

Crossmen should have beat Cavies in GE Music too...

I can dream, right?

Had the same dream. I wish nothing but the best for the Crossmen this summer. It took them 6 years in Texas to get here. I am taking it all in. They belong here! 22 time finalists in their 38 year existence. Let's make it 23!

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Crown just post the first 9.0 of the season?

They did. BD beat them to it on Saturday ... but good for them!!!!! Crowns performance and achievement subcaptions scores are WAY up. I'm really proud of them .. I just hope it stays that way in the judges eyes.

• Like 1

Great show last night. Really enjoyed it. I brought my son and his friends. I love drum corps and drum corps people. Ran into a guy I marched with 25 years ago sitting next to me.......unreal.

I love hearing what kids think of the shows. They really liked Xmen, Phantom, and Crown. I agree. They also thought Troop and Cavies were pretty good and appreciated the

effort made by all corps. They also enjoyed Music City's drumline on the quad of McKendree U.

Really like Phantom's show.......the white with red, then the guard switch to silverblue was awesome. The crowd loved them. The horns are fantastic and they sounded like an orchestra out there and a nice use of electronics (not a fan). .........and I agree that Crown seems to be almost doing too much, but heir horns are great, but man it was almost too much. I liked Turandot the best over Crown, more of a connection to the show.

And Cavies, well, just don't have it this year. Disappointed. Not sure what happened there. Not a fan of that show, very disjointed and did I catch a snippet of Symphonie Fantastique in there somewhere?

Thanks for DCI for bringing a show to the area. Us diehards appreciate that!

'Til next year..........The Dog.

• Like 1

honest question:

Is crown getting a lot of credit for the demand of their visual program as opposed to how well they are marching it? Right now they look very sloppy compared to other top corps visually, yet they win visual? I just don't really get that, granted I haven't analyzed their footwork, just mainly noticing upper bodies all over the place.

also their drums seem to be dirtier than how they are scoring. 1st in content and 6th in achievement in Rockford?? Is their content really that much better than how they are playing? overall placement seems right on for the moment though... and as much as I dislike BD's show and love crowns show, I think crown should be closer to cadets/PR than BD.

honest thoughts, don't crush me crown people.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

The Lebanon scores lead me to believe that Crown had good performances in Minneapolis and Lebanon but not Rockford (not sure if that's been confirmed by attendees or members). Seems like, when Crown's on, they're about 2 points ahead of all but BD, rather than <1 point that we saw in Rockford.

also their drums seem to be dirtier than how they are scoring. 1st in content and 6th in achievement in Rockford?? Is their content really that much better than how they are playing? overall placement seems right on for the moment though... and as much as I dislike BD's show and love crowns show, I think crown should be closer to cadets/PR than BD.

honest thoughts, don't crush me crown people.

I'm not a drum guy, so someone can feel free to correct me. This is the most that I've seen the Crown battery do as far as auxiliary instruments in a show (not just the timpani), and overall there does seem to be a lot of content to the book (again, I'm not a drum guy!). I think Hannum is known for this though.

Edited by Kevin.