"That's ########"

My teeth about fell out of my mouth when a row of fellow senior citizens behind me heard the scores last night in Rockford. When they announced the Blue Devils had won I heard this old feller spontaneously yell, "That's ########!"

(I agree that this isn't a very original quote and on the surface is rather ordinary...but given the context, I thought it was quite profound).

While his embarrassed wife was stickin' him in the ribs and shushin him, he kept saying, "Well! It is!" He wasn't going to budge one bit from his opinion. I thought I was about to die laughing.

I am so upset at myself for forgetting my seat cushion. Bleachers wreak havoc on a boney butt! I'm still recovering from last night and could really use a massage.

Finally, I am going WAY out on a limb and predicting that Phantom Regiment will win. They will come in third place at Prelims, second at semis and then win by a razor thin margin at finals. Why? Because their show is mesmerizing and beautiful. It generates a visceral response that is very similar to their epic 2008 show...but mostly because I want it to win and so I am closing my eyes and puttin' the vibe out there.

Edited by Danielle
please don't circumvent the filters
  • Like 6

My teeth about fell out of my mouth when a row of fellow senior citizens behind me heard the scores last night in Rockford. When they announced the Blue Devils had won I heard this old feller spontaneously yell, "That's ########!"

(I agree that this isn't a very original quote and on the surface is rather ordinary...but given the context, I thought it was quite profound).

While his embarrassed wife was stickin' him in the ribs and shushin him, he kept saying, "Well! It is!" He wasn't going to budge one bit from his opinion. I thought I was about to die laughing.

I am so upset at myself for forgetting my seat cushion. Bleachers wreak havoc on a boney butt! I'm still recovering from last night and could really use a massage.

Finally, I am going WAY out on a limb and predicting that Phantom Regiment will win. They will come in third place at Prelims, second at semis and then win by a razor thin margin at finals. Why? Because their show is mesmerizing and beautiful. It generates a visceral response that is very similar to their epic 2008 show...but mostly because I want it to win and so I am closing my eyes and puttin' the vibe out there.

You go, Granny! It's a wonderful show. (But if we're going to talk underdogs I'm betting on Blooo!)

I'm so sorry you're sore. Believe me, I've been there. I feel your pain. You and your friends must be amazing fans!

Edited by KC4Bloo

Well...sorry for all the # marks. I have been censored and I stand humbly corrected for using such foul language. I apologize to each of you individually for my potty-mouth. I was certainly not trying to be gratuitous in my expletives, but it is what the man said and it was the rawness of his response that tickled me.

He said something similar to "Bull-Oney" only he didn't say "Oney"

Yowzers. I have WAY too much free time today.

Well...sorry for all the # marks. I have been censored and I stand humbly corrected for using such foul language. I apologize to each of you individually for my potty-mouth. I was certainly not trying to be gratuitous in my expletives, but it is what the man said and it was the rawness of his response that tickled me.

He said something similar to "Bull-Oney" only he didn't say "Oney"

Yowzers. I have WAY too much free time today.

Good evening, Granny.

Good to see you back. :smile:

So you've moved on to Phantom now?

Please don't be bitter towards George... :tongue:

So you've moved on to Phantom now?

Please don't be bitter towards George... :tongue:

OH NO! Please don't think that I've abandoned George. I haven't. In fact...I recant! While I do love Regiment's show, I think the Cadets will win it all again this year. Do you hear me George? It was a momentary lapse (too many sedatives) and I'm thinking more clearly now.

(Sidebar): George, during that cute little jazz lick in your show last night, I saw you bee-boppin' away and encouraging the corps, but I know the real reason you were dancing was because you knew I was in attendance and would have my eyes locked on you like a laser beam!

Welcome back, Granny! I agree re: Regiment. The show seems to have a bit of the same magic as Spartacus... And as they clean and add, it will only take shape that much more. It's about the corps communicating, as a whole, and it's pretty sweet to see.

GRANNY! Welcome back. You been missed in the parts. And your post was classic you, full of wit with an edge of sinister.

Originally, I thought you wanted your whoopie cushion to whack him with it, but I realize the fun is in watching it happen.

I agree with your Phantom description - it's visceral, all right. I'm only going on hope that's it's understood and appreciated enough to win, although something tells me that the die is already cast.