One Good Reason the Activity Is Destined to Continue...

Thank you!

Another reason: The fans are passionate. One only has to look here on DCP to see that.

• Like 5

... Because it has for generations been, and will continue to be, about providing a unique and unparalleled opportunity for young performers to create phenomenal art, life-long relationships, and a legacy all their own.

Let's see ourselves as part of an ongoing history... one that even when it stalls has a chance to grow again. We've experienced it in Oregon... We can experience it everywhere.

Our kids deserve it.

Phil

Some food for thought on a " death " that was reported in another Journal.. the New York Journal.. years ago on the incorrect report of the death and the written obituary listing in the New York Journal of noted American Humorist Mark Twain. Twain, despite financial difficulties and health setbacks was quite alive. He was living in London at the time, and when he heard what had been published in the NY Journal back home, he sent them a cable that read in total :"Dear Sir, the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated ".

Edited by BRASSO

"Dear Sir, the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated ".

Here here! We can do this, people. As long as our kids can still rehearse 12 hours a day, we can keep this great activity alive.

This thread means so much. It is so great to see a POSITIVE outlook on the activities future. Just when I thought all hope was lost...

The following is NOT an opinion on one era's shows versus another one's. The most important factor as to the survival of our activity is MONEY. So long as there is enough to support the corps it will continue. If the economy is such that people cannot invest (fans and members) then our precious activity will wither. Yeah, I know...too simplistic but that's the way things are in our society.

Because we band directors continue to send kids to march!! Got 7 current/ex students marching this summer!!! GO CONNOR, SAM, AARON, MICHAEL, JEREMY, MATT AND CHRIS!!! LUV U GUYS!!

Wes P

• Like 3

The reason you state is a good reason why it *should* continue, but may not be enough of a reason to make sure it *will* continue.

Everyone on DCP wants drum corps to continue. The "negative" threads are an effort to understand how and why it might stumble and try to prevent it. In that light, I see them as positive threads. Yes, there are plenty of nattering nabobs in those threads, but there are lots of good ideas as well.

For precisely the reasons you state, for the sake of the future of the activity, it's critical that we not ignore the problems that are causing corps to fail, preventing corps from starting up, and shrinking the activity over time.

That said, it's good to remind ourselves why we're so passionate about the activity every once in a while, so thanks for the thread! :thumbup:

• Like 2