DCI Southwestern Championship Question...

How was the performance order determined for San Antonio? On DCI's webpage it says that it was determined based of off DCI MN... but Carolina Crown is going on after BD... Is there a reasoning behind that? Or did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks!

How was the performance order determined for San Antonio? On DCI's webpage it says that it was determined based of off DCI MN... but Carolina Crown is going on after BD... Is there a reasoning behind that? Or did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks!

The results from Minneapolis are taken and the corps are broken into groups of three (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc), from which they are randomly drawn from each group. So that is why Crown is in front of Blue Devils.

For some reason I have a feeling not much is going to change from Minneapolis in regards to placement other than Phantom possibly beating Cadets. Would love to be wrong except for the Phantom part

For some reason I have a feeling not much is going to change from Minneapolis in regards to placement other than Phantom possibly beating Cadets. Would love to be wrong except for the Phantom part

I suspect there might be a shuffle between 8-14. Maybe not drastic, but it will be there.

I suspect there might be a shuffle between 8-14. Maybe not drastic, but it will be there.

I agree. That's where the action is at this season, IMO.

For example, the Crossmen went on really early in Minneapolis because of their 17th placement last year. This show, they are performing closer to their key competition for making finals. I can easily see their position changing from the 13th place they were in last weekend.

The results from Minneapolis are taken and the corps are broken into groups of three (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, etc), from which they are randomly drawn from each group. So that is why Crown is in front of Blue Devils.

Like this guy above me said, the Corps performance order is determined by placements in groups of three and randomized from there on out.

So theoretically The 12th place corps at DCI minnesota could perform after the 11th and 10th place corps, or the 2nd place corps could perform last. I literally think they just draw these out of a hat. I personally like this method of determining corps' performance order because it prevents slotting or potential thoughts of slotting specific corps. The judges do have full knowledged that the last performing corps is going to be the most memorable because of their recent performance as opposed to a corps that performed say 2 hours before. This is the reason a lot of corps stress to their members that they need to be completely 100% undeniable so they can place above in the next tier.

Agreed. Sorry, mental focus was more on top 6.