Broken Arrow Barroom Alehouse

Great show! Colts were spectacular! Cavaliers have made great improvements! the show is getting cooler! Phantom ripped my heart out... now I just want to understand the story. Cadets took me by surprise! I was not expecting to love it... but I did. Great night for all corps!

• Like 1

When I watched rehearsal in ST Louis on Monday, they were working the guard pretty good. Mainly on "presentation" and attitude (more smiling more selling the guard work)

You are talking about Crossmen guard right? Just making sure. They need to quit working on this and go the opposite direction. I kept wondering why the guard, especially the guys, had goofy plastic grins plastered on their faces throughout the show. It was not attractive. I also hate it when they make those stupid "oh! I'm so surprised!" faces after they catch a toss. Smiling and enjoying yourself is nice. Making goofy fake grins and surpise faces is terrible.

• Like 5

I would normally be going, but since the Denton show has a few more corps, I figured I'd just make the 2 1/2 hour drive tomorrow instead. Plus I'm going to see SCV practice in Norman tonight! :thumbup:

I'm going to Denton instead also. I figured I'll see everyone I would've seen in Broken Arrow and then some. Plus, the stadium in Denton is great for drumcorps.

One thing we could all agree on is that Oklahoma is the absolute worst state...

Wow. I love Oklahoma. I'm sorry you feel it's the "worst". It's really great here, actually. Now Texas on the other hand... nah, I'm not one of those people that hates on other states. That would be really stupid. :tongue:

I actually live in Canyon, the little town that's 10 miles West of Palo Duro, I know a lot of people that work in it and are in the "Texas!" musical they have. And the thing about the feed lot dust, it is very true. My brother and sister have pretty sever asthma problems, and we had to move out of the town I grew up in because the feed lot dust was so bad, it was making it worse for them. So if you EVER go though Hereford Texas, roll up the windows!

ANY WHO, back to the show. :tongue: Sounds like Cavies show is slowly evolving to being ok to watch, that's good! I hate seeing all the negative stuff their "fans" are saying on facebook. (Not their actual fans, the fair weather ones)

Canyon --- some nice people there. I am (was) a Scoutmaster for a Troop in Round Rock Tx..... Every other year we take 12 to 24 boys to Philmont in New Mexico, and the methodist church there puts us up for the night and feeds us. Nice town, nice people, beautiful canyon.

1342671564[/url]' post='3177171']

Great number for the Crossmen. Beat Cavies in GE Visual.

However, I'm not sure I would agree with all the other captions. But I wasn't there who knows. And some of it just seems a little odd. But still it exciting to see the overall number keep going up!

I thought about this for a while. I thought it might help to actually see the shows before deciding if you agree with the scores or not. But having been to a few shows myself, it does not help that much.

Well, except that no one in Austin agrees with the moronic Texas state board of education. All appointees of our D student governor.

...no one to keep the Texas state Board of Ed from approving textbooks that presented The Flintstones as more or less historically accurate. :devil:

• Like 2