LEGENDS SHOWDOWN: TROOPERS VS. BLUE STARS

showdownbluestarshomepa.jpg

The Blue Stars and Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps are pleased to announce the "Legends Showdown" a 10-day fundraising event between two of the drum corps activity's most respected and storied franchises.

Starting today and running through July 28, the two organizations will compete against each other in raising funds for their respective annual campaigns. The group that raises the most money during that time period is the Legends Showdown Champion, and will reign supreme for the next 12 months. The Executive Director of the losing group will wear a hat and shirt from the winning corps during the DCI Prelims competition on Thursday, August 9 in Indianapolis, IN.

"The Blue Stars and Troopers have a similar history of success and challenges over the last 50 years, and we feel a kinship of culture and common goals with their organization," said Blue Stars Executive Director Brad Furlano. "We have seen other organizations compete in similar challenges, and the Troopers were the first corps to come to mind when we discussed potential partners for this endeavor. I'm sure the Blue Stars' Alumni and supporters will be eager to compete with the Troopers in this showdown and we will prevail victorious in the end."

"We're excited to go head-to-head with the Blue Stars, one of our fellow DCI founding member corps," said Troopers Executive Director Fred Morris. "The Troopers and Blue Stars come from two of the smallest markets in the activity, but have managed to survive and persevere though the efforts of our dedicated alumni and supporters. I know everyone involved with the Troopers will come through and make sure I'm proudly wearing my trademark cowboy hat during prelims."

"Both groups will benefit from this friendly rivalry and we look forward to continuing the bond of friendship and respect between our organizations," said Furlano.

The Legends Showdown begins Wednesday, July 18 and runs through Saturday, July 28.

Donate to the Troopers

Donate to the Blue Stars

Edited by BradF

You know, if everyone on DCP ponied up the bar and dropped $10 for one of these two corps, it would make a very meaningful difference to the bottom lines of both organizations.

There is always a lot of talk on DCP on what can be done to save the activity. All corps (except for a couple that are awash with bingo money) need cash to operate, and they all barely take in enough to cover expenses. Opening your wallent a sending a few bucks to help keep the remaining corps stable would be a far more tangible way of helping the activity than posting on a message board.

Every corps that has ever taken the field of competition was partially supported by donations. If you are on this message board, then your drum corps experience probably means quite a bit to you. It's now your turn to be the donor that helps today's kids have the same experience that you did. If you have ever spent time volunteering on tour with a corps these days, you will quickly realize that despite all of the changes that have occurred over hte years, much of the member experience remains the same.

So what do you say? How about we collectively put our money where are mouths (of fingers on a keyboard) are? Let's raise some money for both of these Legends!

• Like 6

bumpy bump bump

Go Troop and Blue Stars! I love a challenge. :thumbup:

Two negatives for insinuating one would be proud to wear either corps stuff?? This site trips me out.

Bozz, I don't normally click those little buttons, but I just took one of the reds away. I agree with your original sentiment wholeheartedly! :thumbup:

• Like 1