Who we've lost

What about Guardsmen from Shaumburg Il. Loved their uniforms. Phantom regiment cadets.

Phantom Legion was thier last name and they last competed 1999

I'd love to get my kids involved in Drum Corps like I was but there's just no starter corps even close to me. Growing up, I was in a local Corps that's long gone, Maple City Cadets. If not them we had the Saginaires, the Midshipmen, Guardsmen, a crapload of Corps out of Wisc. There were alot of them back then. Now heck.....sad, very sad. Activity definately isn't growing...that needs to change!

Of the thousands of words I've seen written on this, the above is clear, well-reasoned, and based on actual data. Generously and well said.

Wait, what actual data? Didn't see anything other than an opinion in that post.

I need to go back a few pages and update the list in my OP. I'll try to do that tonight.

I'd love to get my kids involved in Drum Corps like I was but there's just no starter corps even close to me. Growing up, I was in a local Corps that's long gone, Maple City Cadets. If not them we had the Saginaires, the Midshipmen, Guardsmen, a crapload of Corps out of Wisc. There were alot of them back then. Now heck.....sad, very sad. Activity definately isn't growing...that needs to change!

I hear you Sportster. Those small local corps were good for kids in there early to middle teens. I was in a small corps and it would teach these kids team work, responsibility and just how to get along with each other hour to hour day to day. It would be great to see some local corps spring-up. I might be living a pipe dream. It's sad, indeed.

Memphis Blues

Avant Guard, Guradsmen, Bridgemen, 27th Lancers.

I hear you Sportster. Those small local corps were good for kids in there early to middle teens. I was in a small corps and it would teach these kids team work, responsibility and just how to get along with each other hour to hour day to day. It would be great to see some local corps spring-up. I might be living a pipe dream. It's sad, indeed.

sadly besides cost being prohibitive on many levels compared to BITD..kids today are amused more by their cell phones rather than looking for something to do in the community ( if it exsists anymore ) ask the boy scouts who have 1/2 the memberhip it had in the past, let alone all the community activities and clubs gone..new world my friend

Do they have a school band program where they can learn?