any chance of an Allentown switch?

With Teal out, there are 10 corps scheduled on Friday, and 12 plus Bridgemen exhibition on Sat. Any chance DCI would try to switch a corps to Friday?

With Teal out, there are 10 corps scheduled on Friday, and 12 plus Bridgemen exhibition on Sat. Any chance DCI would try to switch a corps to Friday?

No...too many tickets already sold with folks expecting to see the corps as advertised. Would be really bad for a parent to have bought a Saturday ticket to see there kid only to have the corps moved to Friday for an unneeded "balance."

• Like 2

No. Most of those Friday corps are on their way to somewhere else by then and have long had their lodging and rehearsal sites scheduled.

• Like 1

The Jersey Surf is performing in Mass on the 2nd and rehearsing in the Allentown area on the 3rd, the first night of DCI Allentown. They are scheduled to perform Saturday night.

I hereby motion that DCI invite the Jersey Surf Drum and Bugle Corps to perform in either pre-show exhibition OR post show exhibition their 2012 show Bridgemania for the Friday night Allentown crowd. The public have already bought their tickets and deserve the amount of corps they paid for!

I am totally serious.....let's make this happen.

• Like 3

The Jersey Surf is performing in Mass on the 2nd and rehearsing in the Allentown area on the 3rd, the first night of DCI Allentown. They are scheduled to perform Saturday night.

I hereby motion that DCI invite the Jersey Surf Drum and Bugle Corps to perform in either pre-show exhibition OR post show exhibition their 2012 show Bridgemania for the Friday night Allentown crowd. The public have already bought their tickets and deserve the amount of corps they paid for!

I agree! My daughter is a Surf alum and can only attend Friday night....I'm sure she would love an opportunity to see her alma mater perform..

Motion seconded?

New motion to change title of thread to "DCI Please invite Surf to Friday night under the lights".

Motion seconded?

New motion to change title of thread to "DCI Please invite Surf to Friday night under the lights".

Second

Although I think this would be a nice gesture...I also think this would set a bad precedent...

That said...I third the motion! :smile:

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

IMO....the Friday night show appears to be stronger.

Will the Friday show be 5 corps each half?

It is great to have Phantom Regiment, Crown, and Blue Devils all on Friday night! Will these 3 still be the top dogs after Atlanta?

Mr Boo .... get ready for your root beer snowcone.

• Like 2