BK's Housing Got Hit By Thieves

Thankfully, my son didn't lose anything.

I don't know any details...what got stolen...how they got in...etc. Is this something that happens frequently?

Unfortunately, it does happen occasionally. With schools being open for summer activities, it's inevitable that people are inadvertently going to have access to the gym/area housing the corps. The majority of these people welcome the corps with open arms, but there are always a few bad apples that are looking to take advantage of a vulnerable situation.

Edited by PioneerWebmaster

WHAT??? Oh,no... that's just wrong at so many levels. :angry: I'll try to get some info.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 1

This happened to corps I marched in three times. I left for tour with very little in the way valuable items. Smartphones are great and all, however it's worth carrying a cheap prepaid cell phone on tour. Along with a dummy wallet, and I once carried blank CD's marked with various artists in a spare CD case.

• Like 2

It really sucks when this stuff happens, and sadly it does on occasion. Since it's summer, most schools can't keep janitors on call all day when a corps is there, or have someone sit with the stuff in the gym. I know sometimes an admin will stay in the gym, but that's rare if they have nothing else going on.

Anything valuable I had stayed with me at all times in my backpack out at the field. iPod, phone, wallet, were always in there. One time, someone broke into our gym, and I lost an iPod charger because they took a whole power strip. So I bought one at the next free day, and only charged stuff at night, and made sure it was next to my head, so no one could touch it without waking me up.

This happened to corps I marched in three times. I left for tour with very little in the way valuable items. Smartphones are great and all, however it's worth carrying a cheap prepaid cell phone on tour. Along with a dummy wallet, and I once carried blank CD's marked with various artists in a spare CD case.

My cell phone got lost early season and it was junk. The one my parents sent me as a back up was bettertongue.gif