Does DCI Perpetuate a Bias?

All of this just because of Mike Boo.

You have arrived sir, you have been the target of DCP drama

:tongue:

Are you sure you want your new daughter to have someone so prone to controversy as an honorary uncle? She'll have enough drama in her life just growing up around drum corps. :tongue:

Mr. Boo - it does not mean you don't need to take out your garbage cans. It may mean you should be locked in a glass case for permanent display, though. With a nice Camembert.

And an air supply?

I’m pretty sure Boo ate my baby

Now, Cow...you know I'm a vegetarian!

The closest thing I've done to anything like that was kicking a litter of puppies over a goalpost, just to see how far they would fly.

Oh...and that thing with the spray paint and the nuns.

M. Boo has his opinions, and your reasons for objecting to Mr. Boo's writings are not clear to me, as Mr. Boo has long been a strong, vocal advocate for the activity as it has become.

In contrast, I and a handful of others like to write about things that Mr. Boo contradicts, things like the accelerating deterioration of the activity, the shrinking of its numbers of participants, the weakening of its crowd appeal, its New Elitism and resultant exclusion of non-entitled youth, its overpriced staffers and equipment, its pack-mentality and its many yes-men who have managed by their silence to allow the few to dictate the activity's direction, which I see as a nonreversible death spiral at this point, should nothing change.

And you should continue to write about you are passionate about, as I will continue to agree or disagree when I feel it is appropriate to do so. We have a civil understanding that not everyone will see our own opinions in the same light. And we both know why...because we are individuals.

But we both love drum corps and that unites us.

• Like 1

Are you sure you want your new daughter to have someone so prone to controversy as an honorary uncle? She'll have enough drama in her life just growing up around drum corps. :tongue:

Mike...look who her father is

• Like 1

...if anything I think one could argue that his blog is more vanilla than anything else: it doesn't criticize, it seems to go out of its way to NOT be biased for/against any corps...

In fact, I seem to remember someone (Bruckner8 ?) last year commenting that MB writes from a rose-colored "Boo-world".

In fact, I seem to remember someone (Bruckner8 ?) last year commenting that MB writes from a rose-colored "Boo-world".

The unicorns are much prettier when seen through those glasses. :smile:

Mike,

I know you will not be blogging this weekend.

So, to continue your newfound penchant for controversy, you have to pull something at Allentown that creates a stir