What would you like to see Jersey Surf do next year?

They should leave New Jersey altogether and set up a home base in Pennsylvania and start a feeder corps called Surf Too!

• Like 1

Something that is just as entertaining as this year's show! Especially one that will make the audience

:babies: :babies:

:babies: :babies: even more so than Madison does

• Like 1

Some of you may be familiar with the Marching Owl Band from Rice- they refer to themselves as the MOB. I havent seen them perform in years - but they used to perform satire. They would imitate another band in the conference in each of their shows..........If it wasnt about a band you followed (or you had a reasonably thick skin) it was absolutely hilarious.

I suspect it may not go over that well in DCI - Since some folks are a little more sensitive about their favorite corps. However, I think it would be wildly entertaining to have a group that threw together a spoof on a different corps each week.

Edited by JBarO

269775_10151060413759172_1998333442_n.jpg

That's one the best drum corps pictures I've ever seen! :thumbup::bluedevil::thumbup:

• Like 1

A tribute to the The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band including:

"She's Not There", which some band members performed outside the LA County Courthouse during the OJ Simpson trial.

Their many tributes to Notre Dame including a DM in a nun's habit, a Cardinal and devil fighting on the field, and a Riverdance dance line

The tribute to the "Spotted Owl" with the chainsaw "Owl to AWOL" drill

And you can't close the show without "The Play"

if they stay on the tribute theme then i say North Star :thumbup:

Bridgemania Part II

There's still a whole lot of the old Bridgemen stuff I'd love to hear again, and every time I either saw Surf live this summer or watched them on FN (and trust me, I watched them a LOT on FN) I got goosebumps when they hit that first note. They kind of remind me of the Madison Scouts back in the 90's, you KNEW they were easily going to be the most entertaining show of the night but the judges weren't giving them the love. Madison was ALWAYS the crowd favorite and multiple standing O's and a 45 second to one minute ovation at the end of the show were part of every performance.

they could call it "Bridgemania two-'DOT'-ohhh" .... a ref to both PR and HNC from this year ... but I think they need to "move on" from a "tribute show" idea

• Like 1