Corrupt Judging In DCI?

There is simply more negative response to amps and electronics than positive praise. I simply say that they might not be needed to expand the activity.

Use these new tools well and in balance with the ensemble and we can throw the topic out of the discussion. I'm okay with them. But I do appreciate the day we could pull up to a field in the middle of nowhere, paint some lines and perform a show unplugged.

At this point, it is a tool that many may not have a good grasp of.

Cite your source.

Just read through these forums. Then listen to the snickers and comments in the theaters and show. Simple observation.

YES, I have not taken a poll or quantified it with numbers.

• Like 2

The title of this thread sucks. Or any thread that puts these kinds of words together as a forum "topic".

Corruption is a garbage word. Attaching it in kind of a roundabout way to pros that have spent a lot of time building relationships in this activity and who support each corps with significant and helpful commentary throughout the season....

JUST PLAIN SUCKS

How about attaching the word wife beater or child abuser to someone's name with a question mark and letting the people on the dcp thread debate whether they might be or not?

Pick a name at random and they type "child abuser?" and let the crew here have a field day with it.

Monitors, where are you when this sort of thing hits the board? You are hyper sensitive to snarkiness and "personal attacks", yet this kind of title just sits out there as if it is a "one off" so no one is getting hurt directly?

Get rid of this crap. it serves no real purpose. there are plenty of other things to talk about.

QUESTIONABLE is one thing..... we can talk about that all day...in fact, the pros are put on the spot to support their number face-to-face with the staffs.

corrupt? you have to be kidding me.

Edited by wishbonecav

WISHBONECAV: Thanks for your response.

I actually posted the "title" as a question on purpose. I have heard the corrupt issue in judging for 25 years. I simply believe the judges are working with a system that they are given. That system may be flawed but the judges are not. If corps and directors can play favorites for their judges - that is also an issue.

The system has and probably will have flaws for the test of time.

I actually want to prove that it is NOT the judges... it is the systems they are bound to. I give total props to those guys in green. If this is a topic that I have heard for this long - let's ask the serious question.

Edited by Kevin Powell

I have heard you were ______ (fill in blank).

Substitute your own name for the list of people whose names could be attached to your QUESTION and see how it feels. Since you are in the drum corps FAMILY, its a valid drum corps planet topic...therefore.....let's try that.

It is a GARBAGE question and there is no reasonable discourse or justification that can undo it.

It is no more than a veiled smear....IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

You need to change the title and offer these people an apology....EVEN IF YOU DIDNT MEAN ANY HARM.

To question their integrity or to have to PROVE A NEGATIVE is freakin GARBAGE.

And, yes, you touched a nerve.

Thanks. I should refer you back to the simplest answer: My corps isnt getting a score and the judges are to blame. What a bunch of bull.

WISHBONECAV: THanks for your response.

I actually posted the "title" as a question on purpose. I have heard the corrupt issue in judging for 25 years. I simply believe the judges are working with a system that they are given. That system may be flawed but the judges are not. If corps and directors can play favorites for their judges - that is also an issue.

The system has and probably will have flaws for the test of time.

I actually want to prove that it is NOT the judges... it is the systems they are bound to.

sIMPLY JOT DOWN HOW YOU FEEL THE LAST 30 - 40 YEARS SHOULD HAVE WNET,,THEN, WHEN THE NEXT PERSON WRITES DOWN DIFFERENT ANSWERS AND CALLS YOU CRAZY, AND A THIRD WRITES DOWN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SET OF ANSWERS, THERES NO WAY YOU COULD CALL CORRUPTION. jUDGES, LIKE US, ARE HUMAN, AND WANT TO TRY TO BE/DO THEIR BEST...THEY ALL HAVE LITTLE THINGS THAT DRIVE THEIR DECISIONS.

sorry for the caps, really, I am, I wasnt watching when typing, and I dont want to write it over.

Geoffrey

Geoff,

I so miss you in the off season! Too funny! thumbup.gif

Sorry it hits a nerve but it might be a good thing. I appreciate your passion on this because it is not me that is stating that the judges are the problem.

If this rumor and/or talk has occured for the past 40 years, someone needs to talk about it in open forum and not behind closed doors. Clear the judges name and put the blame in the correct place.

I do not have a player in the game. I am tired of hearing that judges screwed corps X.

I have heard you were ______ (fill in blank).

Substitute your own name for the list of people whose names could be attached to your QUESTION and see how it feels. Since you are in the drum corps FAMILY, its a valid drum corps planet topic...therefore.....let's try that.

It is a GARBAGE question and there is no reasonable discourse or justification that can undo it.

It is no more than a veiled smear....IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

You need to change the title and offer these people an apology....EVEN IF YOU DIDNT MEAN ANY HARM.

To question their integrity or to have to PROVE A NEGATIVE is freakin GARBAGE.

And, yes, you touched a nerve.

Thanks. I should refer you back to the simplest answer: My corps isnt getting a score and the judges are to blame. What a bunch of bull.

Edited by Kevin Powell

I believe the judging system is so subjective that judges are scared of it. I see what we call "recap readers" all the time. What's a recap reader? A recap reader judges off the previous score +/- a tenth. Doesn't sound so bad until a judge dumps you a whole point and you get a string of recap readers the next few days. I know it goes on, I have litterally been out with a judge and they had to go home early to look at that night's recap.....and it was August.