Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Factory

In regards to heritage I think in the arts you just really paint yourself into a corner when you follow a strict theme year in and year out. Couldn't they do something paying homage to like Lewis & Clark or something?

In regards to heritage I think in the arts you just really paint yourself into a corner when you follow a strict theme year in and year out. Couldn't they do something paying homage to like Lewis & Clark or something?

Absolutely, and that's a fantastic program idea.

David Reeves has GOT to go at the very least. He has produced two shows that lulled me to sleep in the first minute or two (watching live, mind you) and that's not what those kids deserve.

Certain corps just shouldn't have to play the game. Troopers are one of them. There's nothing wrong with playing Copland (loud) ... nothing wrong with wearing a uniform that is 1000 years old (no thanks demoulin or whomever) ... nothing wrong with a Sunburst .... nothing wrong with a huge U.S. belt buckle and rawhide gloves. Who cares .... you're not in the top 3 and haven't been for almost 40 years. It would be one thing if they were stuck at 5th and could never win ... but that's not where this corps is. Take my mind to the prairie .. make me yell HEEEYAHHHHHH! ... make me sing a hymn with you ... I want to smell a campfire while you're on the field. Those are the Troopers we grew up loving.

BE THE TROOPERS! You will get the same fan response as Surf did this year .. and if anybody won DCI this year .. it's Surf.

Edited by supersop
  • Like 1

ahhh M. Boo is giving wrong info then lol! :)

and they don't have anything for semi scores on DCI.org yet

I have heard rumors that once the Mason Ent. Group has established Madison as a top 5 corps, then Troopers is their next stop

This is not what I've heard, and even if there is some validity to that- we're talking a few years down the road minimum to establish Madison in the top 5. Not saying it can't be done, just trying to be a realist.

Reeves and Co. Need to be gone now, or in reality after last year when the percussion was defeated by Blue Decils B with a decent spread- but that's neither here nor there.

Certain corps just shouldn't have to play the game. Troopers are one of them. There's nothing wrong with playing Copland (loud) ... nothing wrong with wearing a uniform that is 1000 years old (no thanks demoulin or whomever) ... nothing wrong with a Sunburst .... nothing wrong with a huge U.S. belt buckle and rawhide gloves. Who cares .... you're not in the top 3 and haven't been for almost 40 years. It would be one thing if they were stuck at 5th and could never win ... but that's not where this corps is. Take my mind to the prairie .. make me yell HEEEYAHHHHHH! ... make me sing a hymn with you ... I want to smell a campfire while you're on the field. Those are the Troopers we grew up loving.

BE THE TROOPERS! You will get the same fan response as Surf did this year .. and if anybody won DCI this year .. it's Surf.

I disagree with you in that no one should settle for less than the absolute best. I agree with you on pretty much all other counts. I want the troopers to be outstanding, entertaining, and MEMORABLE because they did all of the things you listed above, but even more so to get back to being the INNOVATIVE corps they were way back when and get back into the competition and kick some corps ##### while making the crowd go wild. Heck, it might even sell some t shirts.

True but at that point why not just be an exhibition corp? If the activity is to compete then you need to play they game, and in turn you should draw more kids to the corp. Kids want engaging, competitive shows, lose that and you can lose prospective members. A prospective corp member today doesn't know Troopers history or significance, they know what they've last seen or heard, and make their corp choice most likely on that.

boo just fixed his scores - BDB got 73.6