Silliness

Have you ever watched Blessed Sac from this past year in WGI?

That will clear up every question you ever wanted to know about why people design the way they do these days...

• Like 2

I wish I had the marketing genius to be able to pull my old toilet out of my wall, slap a slab of old paint on it, and sell it for a $10,000 dollars to some customer as " High Art ". I can't market like that, but I wish I could. Its like the guy who made himself a multi millionaire in the 1970's by taking a small rock, put it in a fancy box enclosed with silly words that customers could say in talking to their "pet rock" and charge folks an arm and a leg for a rock in a box. This was " silly " of course. But it also is marketing genius to get people to buy a rock in a box that you are supposed to talk to. In this situation, who had rocks in their head ? The "Genius Artiste " that concocted the idea ? or the gullible that swallowed this " High Art " silliness, hook, line, and sinker ? Who here doesn't wish you could get people to pay good money to purchase the small rocks in your backyard if you put them all in a small rectangular, inexpensive, colored cardboard box for them.... with a note suggesting they talk nicely to their pet rock ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Hrothgar, you must be a ton of fun at parties.

Why are these chocolate covered strawberries being served at room temperature?

Who set the volume on the stereo to 35...is that really necessary?

Why do I have to take a shot if I have actually DONE something that you say you've "never" done while playing Never Have I Ever? :devil:

haha <all in good fun Hroth>

• Like 4

WGI and Indoor percussion folks have brought their game to the DCI party. Pretty simple. That is not saying it is good or bad, just the cause of the change.

To step back to your silly comment about Velvet Knights. They were great comic relief in a mostly serious show. It may be more difficult to perform great comic timing than the straight up timing of classical or even jazz. That is just something for you to think about - It might not be your thing. One thing for sure... VK could perform the hell out of a show.

• Like 3

WGI and Indoor percussion folks have brought their game to the DCI party. Pretty simple. That is not saying it is good or bad, just the cause of the change.

To step back to your silly comment about Velvet Knights. They were great comic relief in a mostly serious show. It may be more difficult to perform great comic timing than the straight up timing of classical or even jazz. That is just something for you to think about - It might not be your thing. One thing for sure... VK could perform the hell out of a show.

Victor Borge, a well trained and accomplished Classical Pianist, became a legend in the Comedy Performing Arts by poking " silly fun " at the sometimes self absorbed overly serious Classical Music idiom. He was a welcomed breath of fresh air with his comedic genius, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

Victor Borge, a well trained and accomplished Classical Pianist, became a legend in the Comedy Performing Arts by poking " silly fun " at the sometimes self absorbed overly serious Classical Music idiom. He was a welcomed breath of fresh air with his comedic genius, imo.

Exactly - but his comic timing is what made him great.

• Like 1