Total number of people per corps

In viewing the TS topic about kids filling holes and bus seats being empty, and out of just pure curiosity, I recently found myself asking "How many extra people do corps tour per summer?"

I would say we could assume corps had 150 members, but that obviously isn't true because of holes that are always not filled. So, let's just say at least 135 members. My numbers may not be accurate, so please fill me in on the accuracy (which is why I created the thread). I'll just assume there's about 7 or 8 visual staff, 6-10 percussion staff, 8-12 brass staff and 6-10 guard staff. That's just tech's and caption heads. Then you add at least 4-6 "administrative" people as I'll call them (directors, tour directors, etc.) I have no idea how the food/merchandise truck is, so I'll just say 10-20 of those.

I did not include any of the following: volunteers (who may/may not be on tour the FULL summer), athletic trainers/medical personnel, uniform equipment people, transportation drivers, or equipment people.

Many people may not find an interest in this topic, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how many people actually leave from pre-tour and return after finals. Thoughts?

Edited by Carolina09Spirit

I think I saw mentioned on BK's FaceBook page once that they had 200 people on tour, though I have no idea of the exact breakdown.

For a touring, World Class corps, 200 people would probably be pretty accurate. Also, don't forget that even though most corps might have 50-60 instructional staff, 4-8 admin staff, 4-8 cooking crew, 4 or 5 drivers (not including the professional drivers), most of these folks are not all on tour at the same time. They typically cycle in and out, as their respective vacation time from their "real" jobs dictate.

Having said that, my guess would bve that 200 on the road at any given time is probably right on.

200 is usually the number my wife quotes as volunteer cook on tour.

200 is the number I've been given these last three years when I organize a free meal for Troop each year during their Texas swing.

(edited to add: forgive my poor grammar - posting before coffee is dangerous)

Edited by TerriTroop

I was thinking 200 as well. Another question, aside from the volunteers who tour for a chunk of the summer, how many additional people do you think they tour, that aren't on staff being paid? (I.E. Volunteers/interns touring a full season)