Here comes ISAAC!

Would be a shame if Isaac hit during the convention and screwed up all the plans that have been made. I mean those strip clubs put in a lot of time and effort getting ready for the conventioneers heading to FL. (Forget what network had that for a story the other night...)

I'll worry about Annapolis when I hear the Norfolk Naval Base is sending the ships out to sea to ride things out. :shutup:

Forget Issac - worry about Joyce. She has formed in the Atlantic and is on a beeline for Annapolis right now, although she is forecast to hook north and east before making landfall. Us folks here in Florida will take the hit from Issac on behalf of all DCA fans:)) The real problem is that DCA schedules the championship right in the heart of hurricane season each year. Of course the Republicans made the same mistake this year, putting their convention in Tampa at just the right time for Issac to attend.

emergency management along the east coast had been watching Joyce since it formed off the African coast - it had more potential to hit the east coast than Isaac, somewhere between the carolinas and jersey shores.

as it stands now, the models are proposing that the two systems are going to interfere with each other - keeping Isaac lingering in the south, and joyce pushed out to sea....so we can party hardy between them!

let's hope....

Let's hope our friends in Tampa Bay Thunder can miss the brunt of this storm. Safe practice and travel guys!

Dan

We are already fielding calls from parents about not wanting members to go out of town during this storm!! I don't think people realize even if a storm doesn't hit you directly the cone of the storm creates tremendous rain, wind, flooding and other issues.

The team is watching and we will make the decision early next week.....this would be very sad but in the end our members, staff and volunteers being safe is most important!

Jim

• Like 1

We are already fielding calls from parents about not wanting members to go out of town during this storm!! I don't think people realize even if a storm doesn't hit you directly the cone of the storm creates tremendous rain, wind, flooding and other issues.

The team is watching and we will make the decision early next week.....this would be very sad but in the end our members, staff and volunteers being safe is most important!

Jim

This just in:

The tropical storm may also cause damage in Tampa, Fla., where the GOP convention will take place. Weather Channel meteorologist Jim Cantore reports.

By Weather.com and wire reports

Tropical Storm Isaac headed toward the Dominican Republic and Haiti on Friday, continuing its march across the Caribbean after unleashing heavy rain on parts of Puerto Rico and prompting Florida officials to urge residents to prepare now.

Isaac poses a threat to Florida, where it could pass near the state's Gulf Coast on Monday as the Republican National Convention is scheduled to start in Tampa.

It's been years since a significant storm impacted the Florida coastline, and officials are concerned that residents have become complacent and will not be ready.

"I think it's a challenge of getting people to understand their risk and make sure they’ve got a plan," said Craig Fugate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

With more than 19 million people living across the Sunshine State, Fugate wants every Florida resident to have enough supplies to last 72 hours and to know when to evacuate.

"I think the most dangerous thing is when people keep waiting to see what the next forecast is even if they’re in an evacuation zone. They say, 'Oh, it’s just a Category 1 storm or a minimum hurricane.' We’ve seen significant impacts from tropical storm force winds and rain," Fugate added.

Jim

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I was so impressed with everyone associated with your organization at our show...it would be terrible if they were not able to share everything you have worked so hard to achieve with the crowd in Annapolis. Hopefully this will be a non issue in the end. We'll pray for ya.

Dan

• Like 1

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I was so impressed with everyone associated with your organization at our show...it would be terrible if they were not able to share everything you have worked so hard to achieve with the crowd in Annapolis. Hopefully this will be a non issue in the end. We'll pray for ya.

Dan

AMEN!!! And thanks for all the kind words. CV Class Act!

• Like 2

Lets hope the folks in Annapolis have a handle on yard lines :)

Keeping our fingers crossed for the folks with Tampa Bay Thunder.

Stay safe, guys.

Keeping our fingers crossed for the folks with Tampa Bay Thunder.

Stay safe, guys.

it should be fine in tampa. the storm will be 200-250 miles out. lot's of rain and some winds but nothing they can't handle. storm surge will be a problem. tampa will be fine but the RNC is right at the top of the harbor. they may get flooded. that should douse all the hot air there. LOL.

• Like 1