Here comes ISAAC!

So...I just saw on the news that Tropical Storm ISAAC will probably make landfall somewhere close to New Orleans on Tuesday...

Will this be another 2006??? I sure hope not!!

I just got off the Weather Channel and AccuWeather websites... as of right now, both sites are predicting that the storm will track northwest, meaning it will not be coming up the Eastern Seaboard.

An eastern track would at some point likely affect Annapolis with rain or whatever... but a northwest track? Probably not at all. So let's keep our fingers crossed here.

I'm sure it'll turn toward the east somewhere between landfall and Canada. only questions are where, when, and how much moisture will be left

Good point... but if the storm makes landfall around New Orleans or thereabouts, it will have to go really far to the East and north to impact the Annapolis area.

In '06, Ernesto made landfall and continued north on more or less a direct line to Rochester.

One thing folks attending the championship can plan on, if a storm does not affect the area and if we have "typical" weather... it will be warmer in Annapolis than it was in Rochester.

Again, that's based on the average temperatures for that time of year.

According to AccuWeather, the average daily high for Annapolis for Aug. 31-Sept 2 is 85-86, and the average low 68.

Compare that to a 77-57 split for Rochester during the same time period.

Again... these are averages. Anything can happen.

aw man if it goes northwest, we'll lose our streak of rain the first year at a new site

yup... let's hope it follows ernesto right to Rochester... Annapolis would be fine... the better news is that the depression right behind Isaac fiddled out and failed to amount to anything... off to Bridgeport tomorrow...

Forget Issac - worry about Joyce. She has formed in the Atlantic and is on a beeline for Annapolis right now, although she is forecast to hook north and east before making landfall. Us folks here in Florida will take the hit from Issac on behalf of all DCA fans:)) The real problem is that DCA schedules the championship right in the heart of hurricane season each year. Of course the Republicans made the same mistake this year, putting their convention in Tampa at just the right time for Issac to attend.

Forget Issac - worry about Joyce. She has formed in the Atlantic and is on a beeline for Annapolis right now, although she is forecast to hook north and east before making landfall. Us folks here in Florida will take the hit from Issac on behalf of all DCA fans:)) The real problem is that DCA schedules the championship right in the heart of hurricane season each year. Of course the Republicans made the same mistake this year, putting their convention in Tampa at just the right time for Issac to attend.

Would be a shame if Isaac hit during the convention and screwed up all the plans that have been made. I mean those strip clubs put in a lot of time and effort getting ready for the conventioneers heading to FL. (Forget what network had that for a story the other night...)

I'll worry about Annapolis when I hear the Norfolk Naval Base is sending the ships out to sea to ride things out. :shutup:

Watched the Jax news this morning and it looks like Mobile, AL will take the hit HOWEVER....I have seen these hurricanes change course. 2004 Sarasota was going to get hit and a few hours before it veered east sooner and hit Port Charlotte and Northport area and just grazed Sarasota. No telling where it will hit until it gets closer. It is kind of funny that all that wind will will hit "all that wind" in Tampa for the Repubes convention. LOL