DCA Aug.25: Reading and Bridgeport

If I may, a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to the Centurions for opening the show in place of Mass Brass! Despite our planning, traffic in the greater Boston and southern Massachusetts area this afternoon was so heinous that Mass Brass was hard pressed to get the corps to Bridgeport to open tonight's show. In true Drum Corps Brotherhood, Nick & Larry and the rest of the Centurions stepped up and went on prior to us and brought the house down with a fabulous performance! (I LOVED 'Nessum Dorma'!) Also, Mass Brass thanks Gil Silva and Bob Bradley and their respective teams for being flexible and understanding of our plight! We hope our show performance was worth the delay!

Best of luck to everyone going into Finals, most especially the Centurions and our other fellow Mini Corps!

As much as we might like to think it is the Hokey Pokey, we are wrong: Specific acts of kindness!!!

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Break a leg in Annapolis all!!!

Edited by strutta
  • Like 1

so it looks like history is being made. empire is seed 6 th so far. and no show next week. could they break the streak this year. me thinks yes.

true,..........but can't the same be said for Fusion? :blink:

Fusion will be seeded behind the Statesmen. 86.85 for Statesmen, 85.75 for Fusion.

The only other corps left that can top the Statesmen's seed score is C2... we'll find out today.

In other words... the Statesmen will be seeded either 6th or 7th, depending on C2's score today. Fusion will be seeded 8th.

You with me on this, Gary? :tongue:

Fusion will be seeded behind the Statesmen. 86.85 for Statesmen, 85.75 for Fusion.

The only other corps left that can top the Statesmen's seed score is C2... we'll find out today.

In other words... the Statesmen will be seeded either 6th or 7th, depending on C2's score today. Fusion will be seeded 8th.

You with me on this, Gary? :tongue:

:blink:

but,.......................right now fusion is seeded 7th, and C2 is 8th,........isn't it possible that C2 could end up between Fusion and Empire going into prelims?,.........or remain 8th?

Edited by Gary Matczak

but,.......................right now fusion is seeded 7th, and C2 is 8th,........isn't it possible that C2 could end up between Fusion and Empire going into prelims?,.........or remain 8th?

Okay. NOW I get what you're saying.

Slow on the uptake here. :tongue:

Yes, Cadets2 could end up 8th, with Fusion 7th.

But regardless, Statesmen will be either 6th or 7th depending on C2's score today.

Heck... if C2 tops Kidsgrove today, then C2 gets the fifth seed, Scouts 6th, Statesmen 7th, Fusion 8th.

The rest of you can talk amongst yourselves for a bit, while Gary and I hash this whole thing out. :lol:

You and Gary are fine. It all makes sense. Things are THAT fluid right now and we're not used to it.

BITD, Fran, you and I as well as pretty much evryone else knew where everyone was going to fall in in the top 8 or so before prelims because things had been pretty much settled. Why? Everyone saw everybody else at least twice, and there were a lot more shows to kind of lock things down in. True, there were some non-NE corps that would occassionally make a splash, but it was rare.

Now with corps travelling and not all in the NE region and not necessarily seeing one another until prelims, much more fluid.

Add to that C2 being capable of gathering a lot more momemtum at this point because their show is dirtier and has a lot of potential if they can get more of it right-- it makes for a lot of confusion.