Trixon Marching percussion info/opinions

cdm

Does anyone have any experience with Trixon Marching percussion, or their products in general.? Any opinions, and expereinces, would be greatly appreciated.

I agree that the six packs at least look normal. I almost want to buy a set to see what the quality is, but for $250 or whatever it is you can't expect much. I would guarantee that cranking any Trixon drum would blow it up. The only option for these drums would be for a parade line that didn't use high tension, and even that would be risky.

Those things that I posted the link too- I'm not even sure how you would play them. It is a bizarre set-up.

I've been digging around on this subject for a couple weeks because I am in desperation mode trying to find a set of tenors. I've almost been tempted to order the sixes a couple times but backed out.

Apparently in the 50's and 60's Trixon was a fairly decent German company but they went by the wayside. There was allegedly an effort to revive them in the 90's but the owner died. The name was sold to this guy that runs Jim Laab's music. I talked to the guy. Shady character. They are just Far East garbage with an old name brand stuck on them. The only good reviews I have read come from people trying to unload the things. I guess if an offer looks too good to be true it is...

You'd definitely be better off buying a used set from the marketplace here, eBay or Craigslist. I can't imagine these Trixon drums would be very durable, could hold any level of cranking, etc,