You Make The Call

Keep thinking what Cabs did around 2002 when they played the 1975 Muchachos show.

Which led them to their lowest DCA placement since 1968.

For me personally, I loved the Muchachos in 1975, but I did not get the same feeling watching the Cabs in 2002, and most years the Cabs are one of my favorite DCA corps.

Which led them to their lowest DCA placement since 1968.

For me personally, I loved the Muchachos in 1975, but I did not get the same feeling watching the Cabs in 2002, and most years the Cabs are one of my favorite DCA corps.

Never saw the show as I came back in 2003 and bought the 2002 CD. Were there any comments about the choice of material that caused the Cabs to place 6th (I cheated and looked at corpsreps).

Interesting that Cabs bounced around during that time so hard to get a handle on what was going on.

2001 3rd

2002 6th

2003 1st

2004 4th

2005 7th

2006 4th

Never saw the show as I came back in 2003 and bought the 2002 CD. Were there any comments about the choice of material that caused the Cabs to place 6th (I cheated and looked at corpsreps).

Interesting that Cabs bounced around during that time so hard to get a handle on what was going on.

2001 3rd

2002 6th

2003 1st

2004 4th

2005 7th

2006 4th

This is just MHO...

The first show I attended that they were at, I was very excited to see and hear them...then reality kicked in. It was just sort of 'meh' to me, music-wise, and I loved the Muchachos in 75, and almost always love the Cabs shows. Not sure what comments they got from judges.

This is just MHO...

The first show I attended that they were at, I was very excited to see and hear them...then reality kicked in. It was just sort of 'meh' to me, music-wise, and I loved the Muchachos in 75, and almost always love the Cabs shows. Not sure what comments they got from judges.

At least you realized what was going on.... :tongue: Bought 2002 DCA CDs at the first competition I went to in 10 years. Didn't realize shows had themes so didn't pay attention to what was written on the case besides the corps name. About 2/3s the way thru Cabs show I realized it was kinda familiar. Then I read the notes on the case and finally starting putting 2 and 2 together... :doh: Not too shabby since I only saw 75 Muchachos once and that was the day after "that" DCI.

LOL - just realized a connection... first competition in 10 years, the last competition 10 years before and where I saw 75 Muchachos. All at Hershey.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• 4 weeks later...

No offense meant, but to the person who suggested ESOM, please NO!! I want a full CD and DVD without any edits on it. So please don't take any chances with music you possibly might not get the rights to. I loved that piece by the Scouts, but so wish the DVD had the full show, video and audio together.

And as much as I have loved Malaga, Malaguena, Jesus Christ Superstar and the Pirates show, I really don't want to see a rehash of any of them again. I would love to see them do a couple of new pieces, preferably Latin pieces. I would love to see them perform with the energy level from their 99 shows and before. It seems like after 2000, they just seemed to lose a little of the energy level. I have loved their shows every year, but miss some of the fire that used to be in their shows. And if there is a need to do something old school, do a 3-4 minute medley at the end of the show of the greatest hits over the years.

I also wouldn't mind if their show ran a minute or two over the time penalty limit. Give us an extra couple of minutes, take the penalty, and have the crowd love the longest DCI show ever!! Who cares about placement(as long as you still make top 12 and let us see the show on finals night).

And if possible maybe a uniform change, or have the colorguard enter the field wearing a corps proper uniform before switching to the current years guard uniform.

And definitely use some classic corps drill moves mixed with some of the new music. I'd love to see the sword in the field, the fight on the rotating drum set, the rotating company front, and all the things we have loved over the years. I'd love to see the most entertaining show of the decade from the Scouts.

Edited by MisterA
  • Like 1