You Make The Call

He's young enough to march and his bio says he plays trumpet...

Think of the publicity!!!

Yeah, but the last thing we need publicity about is Justin Bieber throwing up on the Lucas Oil Stadium turf.

• Like 1

Yeah, but the last thing we need publicity about is Justin Bieber throwing up on the Lucas Oil Stadium turf.

Oh the irony. Bieber performed at Indy on a Thursday 2010. We met his fans at a restaurant Thursday eve and chatted with the cute young ladies; we asked 'How was the concert' and the rest is history lol. Our former corps director was about to start an all girl corps in the restaurant when his wife reminded him 'We're not in that business anymore'. We saw DCI finals Friday and Saturday, much fun. During the age out ceremony, our former corps director said 'Let's take them and build a corps'. She said 'We're not in that business anyone'.

Speaking of souveniers, I like Madison Scout's' patches! not sure where to put the apostrophe :smile:

If Justin Bieber would throw-up i think it would be during drum solo. Well, just a thought.

Speaking of souveniers, I like Madison Scouts' patches! not sure where to put the apostrophe :smile:

Fixed that for you. No charge.

• 1 month later...

Hmm... I was thinking Cadets for this idea, but maybe Madison could pull it off...

You know those old drum corps classics; Hall of the Mountain King, etc. Modern drum corps avoid those like the plague because they, well, because they are old fashioned. (Troopers excepted) But modern arrangements of these tunes would bring the house down. Especially those that Madison played back in the day. Wikipedia only lists shows going back to 72, but I'm sure there's lots of great old stuff that all the vintage corps fans/members will remember, and that a good arranger can make seem like it was written yesterday.

I got a related idea while reviewing that list of Madison's shows. I noticed The Way We Were and They're Playing Our Song. Both these tunes are reminiscences (in terms of the titles and lyrics). Creating a show based on musical reminiscences would be effective. Some of those tunes are quite uptempo as well. Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen, for example. Anyway, it was an idea I thought I'd share.

And a good idea at that.

• 3 weeks later...

My idea for the 75th anniversary would be for every living man to have ever marched with the Madison Scouts to donate $75.00 to the Scouts in 2013. If only 40 members from each year donated that would = 40 x 75 yrs x $75.00 = $225,000.00. I'm sure Chris and Dann wouldn't object to that.

This would be ideal Mike! Happy Holidays!