2012 DCA Alumni Spectacular

Snares plaing on suspended cymbals. Great opening statement from the corps. Contras are laying down some killer walking bass line action. Now into The Song Is You.

We have three contras and one concert tuba for a player that's sitting down behind one of the tri toms. I wonder what his part looks like since it would have to be transposed from G?

The colorguard is really great. Gold lame' flags with black and white swirl. Changing equipment here as the drums transition us into House of the Rising Sun.

House of the Rising Sun. After a brief intro, a mello and soprano duet play the melody. Very nice sound from the two of them.

Baritone joins the duet. Excellent!

Soprano stays up front to solo on the melody.

34 horns

10 percussion

4 guard

2 AFS

1 DM = Arthur Farrell

Edited by Brent

Nice swing action in Give Me the Simple Life (I think). This sure ain't In the Still of the Night. :D

We have three contras and one concert tuba for a player that's sitting down behind one of the tri toms. I wonder what his part looks like since it would have to be transposed from G?

It's easier than you'd think. You can either read it (or rewrite it) down a minor third, or if it's all old-school arranging, just mash the third valve down, read it as a normal G contra part, and you're good to go. Extra points for pulling the third valve slide out, but only if you want to be more in tune.

Snares have siwtched to rope drums. We also have a drum major on a rope tension bass drum. Great classic drum sound.

It's easier than you'd think. You can either read it (or rewrite it) down a minor third, or if it's all old-school arranging, just mash the third valve down, read it as a normal G contra part, and you're good to go. Extra points for pulling the third valve slide out, but only if you want to be more in tune.

That's assuming, though, that the tuba is in Bb, but it must be in this case.

I remember doing the third valve thing when I started out at Glassmen since I played a two-valve soprano for the first couple years.