Renegades 2012

I just wanted to put out there that I was SO happy to see/hear the Renegades at Prelims this year. I first saw them in 2004 and I fell in love with their attitude and style. In 2005, despite being on the field all season, their show was and still is one of my all time favorites. Entertainment top to bottom and pure "In your face" drum corps. The last few years I haven't enjoyed the Renegades show as much as that 2005 show. This year was my second favorite show to that 2005 show. A lot of the "weird" stuff was gone (no lego blocks, no bicycle on cymbal) but there was still a lot of "OMG" moments (drum major uniform? :tongue:). When I saw Roland coming out in his red shirt and prelims I had to hold my jaw from dropping. One of my favorite soloists and to finally hear him play live again was incredible. The show design and music was phenomenal. Regardless of score and placement I got my money's worth of entertainment from team 7 this year. :devil:

• Like 4

It was a fun show to perform, and the crowd's reaction was worth every minute of the season.

THANKS! glad to hear you guys enjoyed it :)

This was one of my favorite shows of the night. What a wall of sound and energy! I think the perhaps less-than-deserved score reflected some visual deficiencies but the music definitely impressed me. Now I didn't actually check out the captions so I'm not sure how the points worked out in the end. Just based on my impressions.

Bryan

I'm sorry to say that last Sunday was the first I'd heard of, much less heard (or seen), the Renegades. What a fun show! I've been trying to catch up since. Rather than start a new thread, I'll try asking a question here about one of their earlier seasons: the Renegades' 2003 show sounds to me to include, in the middle of Alfred Reed's "Russian Christmas Music", about a minute of Franz Biebl's "Ave Maria" (which Phantom Regiment would play in 2006), but the Biebl isn't mentioned on CorpsReps. Am I hearing correctly?

I'm sorry to say that last Sunday was the first I'd heard of, much less heard (or seen), the Renegades. What a fun show! I've been trying to catch up since. Rather than start a new thread, I'll try asking a question here about one of their earlier seasons: the Renegades' 2003 show sounds to me to include, in the middle of Alfred Reed's "Russian Christmas Music", about a minute of Franz Biebl's "Ave Maria" (which Phantom Regiment would play in 2006), but the Biebl isn't mentioned on CorpsReps. Am I hearing correctly?

Yes, we've had Ave in a few of our shows, including 2005.

Yes, we've had [Franz Biebl's] "Ave" in a few of our shows, including 2005.

Thanks for the quick reply! I see that CorpsReps includes it in your 2005 repertoire, but identifies it as the Franz Schubert version.

Ave Maria is our corps song. It's been played as part of the show in 2003, 2005, 2008 and in the beginning as our preshow warmup in 2011.

edit: added 2008, thanks Tiffany for the info!

Edited by Contra94