Oregon Crusaders to World Class

Oregon is the strongest Open to have moved up in recent history, IMO. They had 2 really strong shows in 2010 and 2011, and a REALLY strong one last year. If anyone should make the move, it's them.

Thanks for your OC love... I am a mom shaking in my boots ALREADY at our competition next year :shutup:

• Like 2

Or people are actually keeping a lid on things, instead of spilling everything to DCP. I'm sure info will come from DCI when the time comes, but it will probably come from there before it lands on here.

And yes, I know what's going on, but out of respect for those involved, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

I'm not saying anything yet.

mainly because in a few cases, the stupidity amazes me

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Dan, can you be more specific about what you disagree with?

What do you mean by "watering down"?

How does taking some pressure off smaller corps limit the activity as a whole?

EDIT: And I suspect your comments are not directed at OC specifically, but the entire OC/WC structure, yes? (Maybe better to start a new thread?)

Was referring to DCI Next proposal... which had not yet been discussed here at the time.

Thanks for your OC love... I am a mom shaking in my boots ALREADY at our competition next year :shutup:/>

I wouldn't be worrying about the competition next year. Oregon Crusaders did really well this year against all the same competition in World Class prelims. As a mom, be worried about how great of an experience your son or daughter will have the next year. I have heard nothing but positive things about Oregon Crusaders the last few years, so I would bet you will have very little to worry about. There are more important things than placement in drum corps as well.

I just hope Oregon Crusaders continue to go the route they have the past few years, with fantastic shows that are well performed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were knocking on the door of finals the next few years. They were close to the level of the top 17 corps this year, and so many of those corps were probably closer to making finals than some of the scores may have indicated. That whole group of corps from 13-20 were so great last year.

Best of luck to Oregon Crusaders, I can't wait to see how you do in your first year in World Class.

Interesting circular logic. I thought it was common knowledge that the "common fan" doesn't pay attention to the loons on DCP. So why the concern about transparency?

Respecting priviledged information is admirable.

EDIT: To correct spelling so Boo doesn't descend ready to slap my wrist with his ruler.

Probably because every time something comes out on DCP, it turns into a firestorm? So many super opinionated folks on here who like to rabble rouse about everything to do with DCI, and every direction change away from the 1970s.

• Like 1

Probably because every time something comes out on DCP, it turns into a firestorm? So many super opinionated folks on here who like to rabble rouse about everything to do with DCI, and every direction change away from the 1970s.

or some outright displeasure withsome naked power grab attempts.

Not everything is hated because it's not 1970.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't be worrying about the competition next year. Oregon Crusaders did really well this year against all the same competition in World Class prelims. As a mom, be worried about how great of an experience your son or daughter will have the next year. I have heard nothing but positive things about Oregon Crusaders the last few years, so I would bet you will have very little to worry about. There are more important things than placement in drum corps as well.

I just hope Oregon Crusaders continue to go the route they have the past few years, with fantastic shows that are well performed. I wouldn't be surprised if they were knocking on the door of finals the next few years. They were close to the level of the top 17 corps this year, and so many of those corps were probably closer to making finals than some of the scores may have indicated. That whole group of corps from 13-20 were so great last year.

Best of luck to Oregon Crusaders, I can't wait to see how you do in your first year in World Class.

I am on the same page as you, can't wait to see where The Oregon Crusaders stack up this summer.