Leander, TX Review - July 17, 2003

Nice review. I was at that show, but no way do I remember enough details to write up a review. I lost all composure when Regiment played their first notes. :)

In my seats in Leander, I was treated to the great sounds of a drumline rehearsing in the parking lot just outside the stadium throughout the last four corps. If a corps is going to rehearse after they march, they need to hike a ways away from the stadium. I was pretty ###### that I had to listed to that crap after driving 450 miles that day and was getting to see my first show of the season.

I found out the easy way to not have to deal with the parking problem by accident. I bought VIP seats because they were sold out of reserved and I guess the VIP seats came with a parking pass for the lot right outside the stadium by the souvie booths. It was a great show, though I was hoping for a bigger crowd than the one that showed up. Austin can do better than that for sure.

Great review, Mike. Thanks again for the transportation and the late night tour of Austin.

Agreed with Mark W that the drums outside the stadium were distracting. Warming up I can (maybe) understand, but someone was still playing when Phantom (the last corps) was on. Certainly they weren't warming up.

Overall, not a bad job for a first year show. Just need to teach the crowd that when a corps troops the stands, you stand and applaud. The announcer could have helped the situation by saying "let's here it for ..." or something like that.

• 2 months later...