Holes in Finals?

Yes, they do.

Wow, you learn something new every day. Is that true for all the corps? I imagine there are some top level players that are exempted from this?

I remember my first "audition". The instructor made sure I could make a sound in the horn. "We'll take you."

At my audition for my second corps, they were very impressed, and I thought "Wow." Then I realized how much better most of the other players were. I realized they had just been boosting my ego by being impressed. Again I thought "Wow."

Wow, you learn something new every day. Is that true for all the corps? I imagine there are some top level players that are exempted from this?

I remember my first "audition". The instructor made sure I could make a sound in the horn. "We'll take you."

At my audition for my second corps, they were very impressed, and I thought "Wow." Then I realized how much better most of the other players were. I realized they had just been boosting my ego by being impressed. Again I thought "Wow."

Everyone at Regiment auditions whether he/she is a vet or not. They are then rated and ranked. Just because you marched last year doesn't guarantee a spot (but if you're good enough to make it last year, didn't cause any problems, worked hard, and put forth effort at auditions, you'll probably make the corps).

Everyone at Regiment auditions whether he/she is a vet or not. They are then rated and ranked. Just because you marched last year doesn't guarantee a spot (but if you're good enough to make it last year, didn't cause any problems, worked hard, and put forth effort at auditions, you'll probably make the corps).

most top corps are like that. Last year because Bluecoats split their guard 1/2 male & 1/2 female they ended up cutting 4 of the female guard members from the 2011 guard, and they had some Bluecoats rookies in the female half of the guard last year.

most top corps are like that. Last year because Bluecoats split their guard 1/2 male & 1/2 female they ended up cutting 4 of the female guard members from the 2011 guard, and they had some Bluecoats rookies in the female half of the guard last year.

The male half?

I suppose a sex change operation still wouldn't be worth it... dunno... I'm thinking...

I think we'd see more holes if injured members weren't so persistant on working through their injuries. The only time a member would go home, is if they are unable to march at all, or face permanent damage, from what I've seen. Corps are often especially injury conscious coming up to the last leg of the season. Not to mention stretching is one of the best ways to prevent a lot of injuries. Definitely gotta give it to those members who are able to stick it through, despite an injury. Bluecoats hornline had a few people that did that this year, if I remember correctly.

There was a mello that marched with a broken wrist and later a sprained ankle, a baritone that had shoulder issues, and one of the guard members tore her calf I believe?

The male half?

I suppose a sex change operation still wouldn't be worth it... dunno... I'm thinking...

These corps kids give up more than just their summer!

• Like 1

BD 2000 had a contra hole due to injury (her story is on the Inside the Blue Devils video from that year).

Suncoast 88 had 2 (I think) holes at finals due to chicken pox.