Empire Statesmen "are not going anywhere."

So sayeth the main page of the Statesmen's website, in an announcement of a Nov. 24 first rehearsal for next season, their 30th.

Glad to hear this news! I hope they are good to go for the long haul. Empire blows me away every year at finals. What a sound! It wouldn't be the same without them.

So sayeth the main page of the Statesmen's website, in an announcement of a Nov. 24 first rehearsal for next season, their 30th.

• Like 1

good I hope that kills the rumor that's been running rampant

other than "the Statesmen are not going anywhere", how does that kill the rumor? announcement talks of preparing for the coming year. saw the rumor for myself in this thread http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/154065-skyliners-crusaders-brigadiers-ect/ originally. seems it's since been redacted much like the renegades thread. but remnants of the conversation remain if you remember what was there

Other than "the Statesmen are not going anywhere", how does that kill the rumor? The announcement talks of preparing for the coming year. Saw the rumor for myself in this thread originally. Seems it's since been redacted, much like the Renegades thread, but remnants of the conversation remain, if you remember what was there.

I agree that it is possible to interpret the announcement on the Statesmen's website as "are not going anywhere [for one more year]", but their phrasing, particularly "Quite the contrary our future is brighter than Ever!!" does seem to be taken as a direct response to the rumor, mentioned by a couple people on these boards a few weeks ago, that the Statesmen leadership had told members that next year would be the last. A "brighter" "future" would generally not be understood to refer to just one year.

or the Edge is the brighter future. dunno

kinda generic announcement. and say's nothing past next year. i'm betting on the edge.