Where are all the old abandoned corps buses located?

You think I've got any plausibility?

Nah....my guess is they'd hang you out to dry.....snare and all! :tongue:

What's wrong with all these buses? They have no value after a corps finishes with them? Carolina Crown is not that old a corps; how many years does a corps get out of a bus?

What's wrong with all these buses? They have no value after a corps finishes with them? Carolina Crown is not that old a corps; how many years does a corps get out of a bus?

Drum corps don't exactly get busses new, maybe in very rare situations it has happened. That Crown bus is probably from the early 80's or late 70's and was well used an abused by the time they bought it. Drum corps is many times the end of the line for the life cycle of a bus in terms of purchases. The leased buses mostly used today are of course very recent models. While those vehicles in the pictures may look alright from the pictures each one would probably need thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars of work to be reliable down the road. There is probably severe frame rust and damage and who knows what wrong with the engine or fuel lines and airbrakes. You could probably turn one of those into a sweet RV with enough cash. A bus sales site www.walkercoach.com/mcibuses.shtml, states the MCI 9 was designed to have a life span of 30 years and 3 million miles.

Drum corps is many times the end of the line for the life cycle of a bus in terms of purchases.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd always figured they were bought new because a corps fleet usually seems to be an identical model. But of course you could buy a used fleet as well.

Also, don't drum corps make modifications that would make it harder to resell?

Well, I found the Carolina Crown bus on Google Maps. It is visible on street view. The location is:

35595-B Huron, Goderich, ON N7A 3X8, Canada

Then click north twice and look west.

I feel like an adventurer!

Well, I found the Carolina Crown bus on Google Maps. It is visible on street view. The location is:

Now that is just amazing detective work. Bravo!

• Like 1

A comment on this flickr page says "I lived in 29 Palms, Ca, just south of Barstow (near these shots)" which seems to indicate that the Velvet Knights bus is near 29 Palms, CA. or maybe Barstow. I'm thinking 29 Palms from the wording. However, he may just be using the word near to mean in the same part of the state as where he lived.

...but... according to this one, the photo was taken on a trip "all over Antelope Valley", which is north of LA. Also claims there are two buses there, though only one is shown here (same one as the other shot). Great shot, too!

Courtesy Google Maps Street View (and Snipping Tool):

CCBus.jpg

• Like 2