DCP for Marching Band?

Marching Band Planet seemed to me to be primarily directed toward the marchers. I suspect kids are not as interested in the "forum" format as older folks.

MBP was busy for a few years. Most of the RAMB folks jumped to MBP shortly after the RAMD exodus. Seems to me that the quality of discussions really fell off as the expanding number of the forums diluted the discussions. When MBP was merged with DCP, nearly everyone stopped using it.

Edited by corpsband

Thanks for all the replies and history. My interest was mainly for a place to go for administrators, directors, and mostly booster club officers (of which I am one this year for the first time). While I marched in both band and senior corps what I knew about administering a booster club was truly pathetic (some would say that knowledge base is still truly pathetic!). I've learned by leaning on prior booster club folks but it would be helpful to have a place for exchange of ideas and thoughts.

One thought is that we use Charms for administration so maybe we'll check with them if they ever thought about hosting a forum for booster folks. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...