2013 Predictions

Wow, 11 corps for ten spots, what a joke.

I am sure I will get the remarks from people that I just killed the neighbors cat or something but..

Its probably time to mention AGAIN that DCA looks at reducing Open class Finals to the Top 6 or just letting everyone perform at Finals.

Seems silly to eliminate just one corps. Especially since its probably going to be a corps that travels several hundreds of miles to get there.

Actually the Bucs have found an unbeatable formula for the past 7 years...except for 2 contest! And sure, a few corps are starting to get the idea, but as good as they were, the are still very far away.

How exactly is this condescending? Have not the Bucs won EVERY show they were in, except for 2011 prelims/finals? If so, it would seem that they didn't stumble on to the winning formula just last year . And I saw the top 6 corps, minus MBI at Scranton last year and ALL the corps at the contest were complete and VERY good. Cabs were VERY good indeed! Reading came out and there was no doubt after the first 2 minutes. I realize it ain't very PC, but recognizing it for what it is would be essential for someone to come up and beat them. Edited by VOReason

Its probably time to mention AGAIN that DCA looks at reducing Open class Finals to the Top 6

And it's probably time for me to disagree with that again.

That formula in 2012 would have eliminated Kidsgrove Scouts, CorpsVets, Fusion Core and Renegades from Finals. Four corps that gave fans their money's worth.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

Yea, his initial statements was so ridiculous as to be beyond belief. I love it when a corps improves competitively and challenges the established contenders, but it never happens instantly. Not even the new corps with extensive resources have made those kinds of jumps (Star of Indiana in DCi or Cadets2 in DCA).

There is no chance his corps can make that kind of turn around on a dime. Over the course of a couple of seasons, sure. But in one year? Not a chance.

Dick was referring to Class A, not Open Class. Class A is where Shenandoah Sound competes.

You can apologize anytime now. :tongue:

• Like 2

or many of us realize predictions in October for a finals show 11 months away is ####### stupid

Really dude? I guess that "many of us" you speak of, decided not to bother with this conversation. If this thread twists your ### so much, why bother following it. Yeah it's October and people are bored. They aren't hurting anyone. I simply was pointing out the fact that Bush was only listed on the first page a couple times and then didn't appear on anyone's lists after that. Then you decide to #### all over everyone having fun here and calling what they are doing "####### stupid". I have been following several conversations on here lately and enjoyed and respected your point of view most of the time. Now not-so-much...

Dick was referring to Class A, not Open Class. Class A is where Shenandoah Sound competes.

You can apologize anytime now. :tongue:

Apologize? Nah.

Sure, there's a chance they could make Class A Finals. Then again, the only time they have as their first year, when there were only three Class A corps (2003).

Look, I'm a fan of Shenandoah Sound. They bring an entertaining program to the field each and every year. But competitively successful? No, they are not. Given their competitive history, the chance of them building a Class A championship corps in 2013 is almost laughable. They have eight appearances at DCA Championships. They were dead last in five of them, and only beat one corps the other three. Not exactly competitive (3rd, 7th, 9th, 12th, 11th, 11th, 11th, 7th since 2003).

Sure, there's a remote chance they could build a solid administrative, educational, and membership foundation and make Class A Finals, but no one I know (including myself) would put any money on that, especially given the quality of Class A corps above them. But to claim they could win a Class A title? Absurd, unless there's a quantum shift in the organization, or several of the corps above them suddenly compete in a different circuit.

Again, I'm just being realistic. I'm a fan. But I'm sure I'll get red-voted anyway :)

Really dude? I guess that "many of us" you speak of, decided not to bother with this conversation. If this thread twists your ### so much, why bother following it. Yeah it's October and people are bored. They aren't hurting anyone. I simply was pointing out the fact that Bush was only listed on the first page a couple times and then didn't appear on anyone's lists after that. Then you decide to #### all over everyone having fun here and calling what they are doing "####### stupid". I have been following several conversations on here lately and enjoyed and respected your point of view most of the time. Now not-so-much...

Clearly, you're new to DCP.

Side bar: We should write a mandatory FAQ for new users of the DCA Forums :)

Clearly, you're new to DCP.

Side bar: We should write a mandatory FAQ for new users of the DCA Forums :)

Dude, I'm a 8 year vet of Kevin Smith's Viewaskew message board. Was there so long Kevin knew me by name and face when I saw him in person. The n00b abuse and flame wars I have been through on that board makes the DCP crowd look like preschoolers.

However, I don't feel simply answering a question deserved being called ####### stupid.

• Like 2

Dude, I'm a 8 year vet of Kevin Smith's Viewaskew message board. Was there so long Kevin knew me by name and face when I saw him in person. The n00b abuse and flame wars I have been through on that board makes the DCP crowd look like preschoolers.

However, I don't feel simply answering a question deserved being called ####### stupid.

You're the second person to completely miss the point today.