Houston Review

BTW from a novice point of view, a novice who enjoys the Cavies, I think their show looks and sounds the same as last year except with circles instead of squares(frames). See why I don't write reviews????

LOL...why ?? Don't be afraid !!! Pretty observant if you ask me ...not too far off the mark except last year, their guard uniform was worthy of a champion :blink::rolleyes:

~G~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is just funny.

TX has an opinion. News Flash folks, Opinions CAN'T be wrong. TX finds Cavies music forgettable. TO HIM. I for one thought that his review was fair.

Heck, I LOVE Star Wars and Harry Potter, and I enjoyed Epsiode II and Chamber of Secrets in the theatre, while most of the REVIEWS that I read did not. I knew that I was reading someone's opinion, and I chose to form my own.

That is the beauty / problem with internet forums.... anyone can give their opinion, and anyone can argue with them. TX is not being paid to do this, so get off his back.

If you are worried that people will form their opinions of "your" corps based on what they read on a message board, that is just silly. And if you form your opinion of a corps that you have not seen based on a message board, then YOU are just silly!

Take it easy!

hahaha... okay, I dug myself into a deep enough hole. time to try and climb back out. this was interesting, but was worth the experience. B)

Sorry for offending anyone. I'm obviously not really good at this whole thing and I am just gonna chill.

I'm seriously sorry... I don't mean to get the place all in a tiffy. :) :rolleyes:

edit: and for the record, I never said anything about "stupid", "wrong" or "full of bias".

Edited by Hester

edit: and for the record, I never said anything about "stupid", "wrong" or "full of bias".

For the record, your tone and implications were enough. The words may not have been typed, but that was your aim. Words like "two brain cells" come to mind.

For the record, your tone and implications were enough. The words may not have been typed, but that was your aim. Words like "two brain cells" come to mind.

in that case... I'm not done yet. time to keep this going!!!

my "tone" - wow... sorry you interpereted it that way. But my tone wasn't as bad as your ignorance. your ignorance was just enough for me to reply with my "tone".

thanks!

Here's my take on the situation:

1. I liked the Cadets show the best. The show had recognizable music and it had a contemporary flair to it. Loved hearing Rocky Point Holiday - almost shouted "east, east , east" at the end but refrained from doing so.

2. SCV - Abstract show, but lots of passion from my vantage point. To me, SCV is one of the very few that can pull off an abstract show and have people clap loudly at the end.

3. Cavies - I do not like the show - while the show is for the most part clean, it's boring in my opinion. Drum line was not clean and the scores showed that. Overall the young men are performing the heck out of the show, but the designers made the show a little self-serving in my opinion. There does not seem to be the same entertainment value as in previous shows - once you get past the ugly guard costumes, there isn't as much to talk about. Visually, the show is stunning, but the music leaves something to be desired.

One more thing, I think it's perfectly OK to trash the designers and not the young people performing the show. The performers did not play much of a factor if any into the design of the show. So if I don't like the design of the show (in this case, the musical aspect of the Cavies show), I still think the kids did a great job of performing it. No, I don't think it's backhanded as one person said.

Bottom line, I paid my money to see the show, I want to be entertained.

George C Cavalier...You are right! There is ignorance going around on this thread but I hate to tell you it is not TX.

If you aged out in '98 you are the same age as my son in the USAF. I'll tell you as I tell him...You are obviously proud of your creditentials and rightfully so, they are impressive as listed under your signature, do yourself a favor and keep your mouth closed as not to take away from them.

George C Cavalier...You are right! There is ignorance going around on this thread but I hate to tell you it is not TX.

If you aged out in '98 you are the same age as my son in the USAF. I'll tell you as I tell him...You are obviously proud of your creditentials and rightfully so, they are impressive as listed under your signature, do yourself a favor and keep your mouth closed as not to take away from them.

I don't believe that saying anything on here is taking anything away from my credentials... it only might take away what someone else sees of myself, but not me. I don't believe that this turned into that. But that's only your "opinion". :)

Like I said, I am sorry for all the troubles. But I will not walk away from this just like that... I thought I could, but I'll see if TX will reply to my PM and discuss this with me in private.

Sorry y'all had to experience all this. And I appreciate those that are trying to end the madness... however the statement of "taking away from them" as you stated, is not possible in regards to anything I've said thus far.

B)

You missed my point. Of course nothing can take your credentials away they are yours for keeps. My point is that sometimes we open our mouths and what comes out doesn't always reflect who we are. B) Well that really doesn't explain it either. try this...when my daughter was 15 she looked 20. This greatly concerned my husband. I would tell him don't worry as soon as she opens her mouth her age/mentality will be revealed. b**bs

I've got it...what if I just take my own advice and close my mouth. :sshh:

I got the idea. I appreciate your response. I really didn't see anything I said being any more "out of place" than what other people said, so that's mostly just my own point of view.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone but myself, and I apologize to any alumni or fans out there that may think I disrespected my organizations in any way.

I feel better now... I'm walking away.

(people can still flame me if you'd like... I promise I'm done. :) I give up).

*waving the white flag*