Pacific Crest in AZ and PA

Just happened to see "Mechanicsburg, PA" in a pop up ad and then saw it's connected to Pacific Crests name. Don't know much about it but this is a few miles from where I'm sitting right now..... Sounds cool from what I see in the link so thought I'd share if it isn't elsewhere

http://www.pacific-crest.org/2012/10/experience-day/

----------------------------------------------------

We’re coming to you!

Day in the Northeast Day in the Southwest

Snare, Tenors, Bass (No Brass or Guard) All Brass, Snare, Tenors (No Guard)

Mechanicsburg High School

500 South Broad Street

Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 Sahuaro High School

545 North Camino Seco

Tucson, AZ 85710

Saturday, December 1, 2012

9 AM – 6 PM

Registration starts at 8 AM

Music Building

Sunday, December 2, 2012

9 AM – 5 PM

Registration starts at 8 AM

Music Building

Ready to register? Click HERE.

Exercises and other materials will be sent to you after you complete your registration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this?

If you don’t live in Southern California, it’s expensive to hop on a plane and come down for a weekend — especially if you’re not sure about PC. So we’re coming to you. This is a chance to check out Pacific Crest in your own backyard — or at least maybe a bit closer to your own backyard.

Is this an audition?

This is NOT an audition, but if you want to perform with us, read the next question. This is a full day of advanced training in a rehearsal environment. Meet others in your area who want to take their performance to a higher level.

What if I want to march PC?

The staff will evaluate you and let you know if you should attend our January Camp. There’s no guarantee, but we won’t ask you to spend the money for the January camp if we don’t think you have a chance to make the corps.

What’s this cost?

Total cost for the day is $50. No application fee. No other fees.

What do I bring?

Athletic clothing, and athletic shoes (no jeans!)

Sweatshirt or jacket — be prepared for cold weather

Hat (to protect your face from the sun) and sunglasses

Water (1/2 to 1 gallon)

Drummers: an instrument, sticks/mallets, practice pad, carrier, stand

Brass: an instrument, gloves, mouthpiece

Pacific Crest may be on to something by holding a hands on information session in Pennsylvania. PC has been making steady progress since moving from Open to World and last summer's show was rather solid and very entertaining. It also seemed to catch many by surprise in Allentown. Quite a few Pennsylvania and New Jersey high schools had busloads of fans in attendance, so there could be some enthusiasm for PC in the East.

While it would be pricey for kids from the East Coast to fly to California for camps, PC's event in Pennsylvania may pique the interest of potential marchers for some of the corps closer to home. This may also be an great year to join PC. It has been the thought of many that the first new corps to break into the top 12 would be The Academy and that still may be the case, but last year's strong showing by Pacific Crest makes them contenders for the top 12 as well.

• Like 2

Brian Stockard runs the battery at PC, and for the last few years now he has lived in Mechanicsburg and has taught the drumline at. Mechanicsburg HS. Awesome guy.

Mechanicsburg had a Glassmen tie in the guard. Hmm. Wonder if there's a change?

They still do. They have also had a percussion tie in for a few years now. PC alum, now staffer has been with the program since 2005. I know, I taught there with him until I retired last April

I just hope they get rid of those mapex drums! Blechhh!

actually, Mechanicsburg HS has been using Mapex since 2011. Loved them! Some of the older Mapex's, besides being heavy as hell, yeah some issues, but the newer stuff we were very happy with.

as far as drum corps connections with Mechanicsburg....you have people there that teach PC and Glassmen, as well as Black Watch in indoor. Staff there, off the top of my head have also marched or taught the following places....Crossmen, Cadets, PC, Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Phantom, Jersey Surf, Cabs, Bucs, Westshoremen, Empire Statesmen, and I am sure I am missing some.

They're connected. And it;s a great program. Proud to have been associated with them from 1998-2012, and glad to pay their taxes and have a daughter that will eventually be in the program somewhere around 2026

• Like 1