Audio/video products

CDUB

My wife and I go away and visit friends over Thansgiving for the (almost) sole purpose of watching the prior summer's DVDs...I've usually received them "just" before Thanksgiving...Hoping I get them in time this year as well...I did pre-order...

completely goofy though on my part, but I find it amusing, if not a little bit comforting, to know that things haven't changed. When I was purchasing tapes in the late 80's, CD's and VHS tapes in the early - late 90's, and then the DVD's and Blu-rays the past few seasons, I would receive them around the same time (just before Thanksgiving). For whatever reason I kinda really dig that time frame hasn't changed in decades. Certainly the technology (and the complications) have changed substantially in that timeframe but DCI still keeps on their schedule. :thumbup: :thumbup:

My wife and I go away and visit friends over Thansgiving for the (almost) sole purpose of watching the prior summer's DVDs...I've usually received them "just" before Thanksgiving...Hoping I get them in time this year as well...I did pre-order...

Based on the corps listed in your signature, I think you'll get them this week if not early next week. There was a small snafu with my order, but from what I heard from customer service, they're really pushing out the pre-orders.

To those watching the shows....is it the Blu-ray or the DVD that arrived? :music:

completely goofy though on my part, but I find it amusing, if not a little bit comforting, to know that things haven't changed. When I was purchasing tapes in the late 80's, CD's and VHS tapes in the early - late 90's, and then the DVD's and Blu-rays the past few seasons, I would receive them around the same time (just before Thanksgiving). For whatever reason I kinda really dig that time frame hasn't changed in decades. Certainly the technology (and the complications) have changed substantially in that timeframe but DCI still keeps on their schedule. :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL, late 70s DCA albums (those flat black things with the little hole on the middle) had the same schedule. Came home for Thanksgiving break (just a few days back then) and usually took the records back to the dorm so I had time to listen.

Kicker was if anyone gave me crap for listening the response was "I'm on the record I'm listening to... can you say that?" :devil:

• Like 1

To those watching the shows....is it the Blu-ray or the DVD that arrived? :music:

DVD arrived today! looks like its the same video's that you see on demand on the Fan network.

My DVD arrived yesterday. My daughter and I pulled into the driveway, squealed when we saw the package on the front step, and raced each other to get to it. I texted my son to tell him it was here, and he actually thought I would wait for him to get home for Thanksgiving and let him open the package. Ummm... right.lookaround.gif

I ordered a bunch more that hasn't arrived yet, but I changed my order on them. The DCI Store staff was really helpful in making the changes.

So for the people that have the DVD/Blu-ray, can you comment on what edits there are?

I haven't yet received the DVD, but from the Fan Network videos, the most glaring edits I found are:

--Blue Devils (the "Heeeyyyaaayyyayyy...everybody!" chant at the very beginning of their show and near the end is muted)

--Cadets (a few seconds of voiceover before Jingle Bells and, separately, the large chunk of voiceover before the final push (beginning with Angels We Have Heard on High))

From the CD product info page, it looks like only the Cadets' edits are included.

So for the people that have the DVD/Blu-ray, can you comment on what edits there are?

On the Volume I DVD:

Blue Devils: No edits (The chant is back in on the DVD)

Carolina Crown: The solo in the second movement is from Semi-Finals

Phantom Regiment: No preshow, no other edits

The Cadets: Edits have already been discussed

Santa Clara Vanguard: No edits

Bluecoats: No edits

Boston Crusaders: No edits

The Cavaliers: The laugh voice over/wave in the preshow has been cut.

Madison Scouts: No edits

Blue Knights: No edits

Spirit of Atlanta: No preshow, the first few seconds of the closer (with the 8 Mile quote) has been cut

Crossmen: No preshow, no other edits

• Like 2