Audio/video products

CDUB

FWIW, I ordered mine as part of the FN package.

Same here. My order arrived a few days ago. I'm happy with the quality.

Got an email this morning that my Blu Ray will be delivered tomorrow. I guess I won't pre-order from now on. What's the point? It doesn't come any sooner and I certainly didn't get free shipping or 10% off. Sigh.

I stopped pre-ordering a couple years ago for that reason. DCI always offers promos this time of year, though I am surprised that the 2012 products are included. But pre-ordering really only makes sense to me for things like a much anticipated book or the newest iteration from a popular video game franchise where millions of copies will be sold in the first few days. Or when you get a bonus as a reward for pre-ordering that you couldn't get otherwise. Obviously with DCI this is not the case in either circumstance.

So I've started waiting to order the Blu-rays every year because there could always be a promo, and if not then I haven't lost anything.

Edited by Beckham

Haven't even received an email updating me on my order progress.

Edited by Crown Phan

Hmm. this is interesting. I ordered early and I had my credit card charged on November 21st and as of yet - here in Northern VA - I have not received anything.

I thought it was curious that I did not receive any tracking info. So I just went online and checked out my order and see the following.

My order status - for my order sent back on October 10th is "Back Ordered, No Shipment Set." I am hoping this is an error.

I ordered the Bluray, but I don't understand why they would charge without the actual shipment.

I too was notified of my credit card being billed on the 20th. Got the UPS notification yesterday at 5 in the morning saying It should arrive today.....Guess what? DCI says they haven't received the Blu Ray discs to ship out. Now being told it will be the end of this week. Not sure what's going on in Indianapolis.

Reality check..... Do you think DCI should bill your credit card for something they don't have to ship out? Or am I just whining? This is drumcorpsplanet family be honest.

Reality check..... Do you think DCI should bill your credit card for something they don't have to ship out? Or am I just whining? This is drumcorpsplanet family be honest.

No company should bill you for anything they do not have on hand. I have been billed two other times this way and stopped doing business with the firms when they did not fix the problem. One was a now defunct speaker company who had a great sale on a center channel speaker which I ordered and which they promptly charged me for. Then they didn't ship for almost a month. Good riddance.

Now I am going to say that at the moment I am assuming that they "thought" the product was going to be there when they did the charge - I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

But I have e-mailed them asking two questions.

1) If the product is not in, when will it be in and shipped?

2) Do you have a policy which allows you to charge for items you do not have in stock?

We will see if they reply to my polite, but firm e-mail.

Online purchases are quickly taking over as the norm and as such I feel should at least strive to be as satisfying as an in store purchase. Can you imagine if you picked something out in a store and then gave the guy the money and he said, "Thanks for the money, we will be giving you your item sometime in the future... have a nice day."

Let's face it this ain't no $5 novelty, we are talking about Drumcorps! (and I am out $129 bucks!)

• Like 1

No company should bill you for anything they do not have on hand. I have been billed two other times this way and stopped doing business with the firms when they did not fix the problem. One was a now defunct speaker company who had a great sale on a center channel speaker which I ordered and which they promptly charged me for. Then they didn't ship for almost a month. Good riddance.

Now I am going to say that at the moment I am assuming that they "thought" the product was going to be there when they did the charge - I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

2) Do you have a policy which allows you to charge for items you do not have in stock?

Online purchases are quickly taking over as the norm and as such I feel should at least strive to be as satisfying as an in store purchase. Can you imagine if you picked something out in a store and then gave the guy the money and he said, "Thanks for the money, we will be giving you your item sometime in the future... have a nice day."

Let's face it this ain't no $5 novelty, we are talking about Drumcorps! (and I am out $129 bucks!)

I think the general approach by most companies is they charge you within 30 days of shipping, especially if its a new product coming out. So, preorders done in August would be charged Nov. early November for a Thanksgiving delivery, etc. Although, its funny, now that this was brought up, I preordered the DCA Videos from their website, got charged in August, and am still waiting for shipment. Thats three months of waiting :) Oh well...

leed17

I think the general approach by most companies is they charge you within 30 days of shipping, especially if its a new product coming out. So, preorders done in August would be charged Nov. early November for a Thanksgiving delivery, etc. Although, its funny, now that this was brought up, I preordered the DCA Videos from their website, got charged in August, and am still waiting for shipment. Thats three months of waiting :) Oh well...

leed17

Always thought getting billed for something that would ship in the future was a way for a smaller company to make sure they had the money to create the product. If it's a huge corporation I'm less "forgiving" than a place that makes the product when you order it (oh.... like DCWs Historic CDs.... :rolleyes:/>/> )

Now the DCA vids...... that was supposed to be Thanksgiving time right? waiting myself... LOL flashback to the Allman Brothers concert my wife and I went to in 2004 or so. 45 minutes after the concert was over had a 3 CD copy of the show we just heard with 15-20K others. Big ol' bus loaded with CD burners pulling a trailer load of blanks and cases...... :thumbup:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Whenever you order airline or concert tickets, your credit card is charged immediately-even if the travel date or concert is 8 or 9 months in the future. Same thing with DCI/DCA tickets-if you ordered tickets for next year's championships, you've already seen that charge show up on your cc statements. With DCI quarters/semis/finals, that's probably approaching $275 per person right there.