The Academy Announces 2013 Show

THE ACADEMY 2013: PIANO MAN

Edited by SteenAZ
  • Like 2

Music selections TBA but you can make at least one wild guess.

PIANO MAN

Music selections TBA but you can make at least one wild guess.

An anagram is "Amp an Ion." I've had a bad night's sleep, so I'm going with a show about electron microscopes. I'm guessing the song selection is "I Can See Clearly Now." (But I've been wrong in the past.)

Seriously...if the show has half the impact as in 2012, the corps will have a nice run for its first World Class finalist position.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 4

An anagram is "Amp an Ion." I've had a bad night's sleep, so I'm going with a show about electron microscopes. I'm guessing the song selection is "I Can See Clearly Now." (But I've been wrong in the past.)

Seriously...if the show has half the impact as in 2012, the corps will have a nice run for its first World Class finalist position.

Thanks Michael... should be an interesting season for the corps from AZ. Stay tuned for music selections, should come sometime before our audition camps.

• Like 1

Thanks Michael... should be an interesting season for the corps from AZ. Stay tuned for music selections, should come sometime before our audition camps.

It would be appropriate, considering the corps' heritage, if the show is about famous pianists and their music; Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Rubinstein, Rachmaninoff, and Horowitz...with the "Piano Man" motif as a leitmotif connecting thread.

• Like 2

Finally a corps is doing a tribute to Liberace!

That would be well-timed, since there is an HBO movie titled Behind the Candelabra due for airing next year, starring Michael Douglas as Liberace (and Matt Damon as Scott Thorson).