Phantom Regiment would like to announce their 2013...

...partnership with Evans Drumheads!

"We are excited to announce that we will be playing on Evans Drumheads & HQ Percussion starting this summer! Besides the Evans Drumheads, we will continue to be working with D'Addario Strings and Planet Waves (Planet Waves) as we have been for the past few years! Help us welcome them into our phamily and Like their pages."

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 6

"We are excited to announce that we will be playing on Evans Drumheads & HQ Percussion starting this summer! Besides the Evans Drumheads, we will continue to be working with D'Addario Strings and Planet Waves (Planet Waves) as we have been for the past few years! Help us welcome them into our phamily and Like their pages."

You're evil.

• Like 2

HA HA HA!

You're know what's more evil? I actually know what the show is for 2013. :)

Me too, but you're still evil because I thought I would actually be able to tell people thumbdown.gif

Its about time. I know Shane Gwaltney is an Evans guy. I heard a couple of years ago he wasn't happy with the Remo snare side head that they had to work with so he "made" some adjustments to compensate for it.

What about the quality of Evans's stuff? I'm not a percussion person, so I have no idea.

I use Evans stuff and I think it is quality. I'm a big fan of their Hybrid grey snare batter head with the Gold Standard on the bottom. I don't like the system blue tenor heads but really enjoyed the durability and tone of their Corps Clear series. They rival the Remo Pinstripes.

Evans also is the mastermind behind the pre-muffled bass drum head. It takes some experimentation but onece you find the muffling and head combo you like, the basses sound good.

They are also quality drumset heads. The EMAD bass drum heads are great and they have lots of quality tom options.

• Like 1

I use Evans stuff and I think it is quality. I'm a big fan of their Hybrid grey snare batter head with the Gold Standard on the bottom. I don't like the system blue tenor heads but really enjoyed the durability and tone of their Corps Clear series. They rival the Remo Pinstripes.

Evans also is the mastermind behind the pre-muffled bass drum head. It takes some experimentation but onece you find the muffling and head combo you like, the basses sound good.

They are also quality drumset heads. The EMAD bass drum heads are great and they have lots of quality tom options.

I hope they help out with the snare sound. There's been something with how they've been tuned that I've not really liked.

• Like 2

Seconded. I just made the switch a couple of years ago, and I'm really impressed. Super reliable, great sound, easy to tune. They're doing great things all around. I'm about to try them out on my drum set too. I've been an ambassador guy for more than a decade, but I think I'm going to try out the etched series. I can see why so many of the big guys are switching over.