Best Hornlines

In the past, I think it's been said that that there is a general 'guide line' for years to discuss in the modern forum: something like 5-8 years or so (not exact, obviously). So I don't think we need to limit conversation to this year and next year, but I do think talking about corps from the 70's is counterintuitive to discussion in a modern forum; don't you agree that would be better served in the historical DCI forum?!

(FWIW: I would _MUCH_ rather talk about the minutia of a great horn line like Madison 1975 rather than the upteenth "best 10th place flag soloist" or "BD is boring" or whatever tongue.gif )

Sure. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to throw in an aside or two about those older shows and years, especially if they're relevant to something being discussed today.

Nope - not any more. Hasn't been true for about the last 15 years or so (with the possible exception of Madison at times).

Did you not watch BD's show last year?!

Back on topic: Cadets. Every year. Seriously, can anyone come close to matching their tone quality while running their behinds off? Maybe Phantom...sometimes. But anyone else?

• Like 1

Did you not watch BD's show last year?!

Back on topic: Cadets. Every year. Seriously, can anyone come close to matching their tone quality while running their behinds off? Maybe Phantom...sometimes. But anyone else?

Yes, I saw BD's show three times last year and I do not consider that anywhere close to the jazz shows that they did in the 70s, 80s, and up to about 1994-ish. Note that I'm not saying that last year's show wasn't good or whether I liked it or not, but you cannot call that a jazz show like they did during the time period mentioned above. A better characterization of BD's shows of late (including last year), IMHO, is that they do their own thing with SOME jazz mixed in.

• Like 2

Yes, I saw BD's show three times last year and I do not consider that anywhere close to the jazz shows that they did in the 70s, 80s, and up to about 1994-ish. Note that I'm not saying that last year's show wasn't good or whether I liked it or not, but you cannot call that a jazz show like they did during the time period mentioned above. A better characterization of BD's shows of late (including last year), IMHO, is that they do their own thing with SOME jazz mixed in.

Oh I'm stupid. I meant 2011.