2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

And THIS is the answer?

one of them. if you haven't noticed, since the switch from G to Bb for most corps, most corps got considerably younger in membership

• Like 1

of course not silly,............otherwise he would actually have to take the heat,...........see post #33

you may want to go back and look and see where it was said CV proposed it.

I'm no Hopkins fan, but the paranoia about him with this is sad to say the least.

How does that prove your point? It does the exact opposite. Unless you have proof of some grand conspiracy theory that George Hopkins has corps directors' in his pocket? I think you are severely over-reaching here Gary. DCA directors are not sheep. They know what they are up against, not only from membership but also from the standpoint Jeff referenced earlier about the audience.

the average age of the audience is old. DCA can't survive on that.

I;/m far more ###### about two more years in Rochester

• Like 1

no,..........not solely CV,............ but if you think there was no collaborative effort to getting this done, you do not understand the political process in general,...........let me try and turn this around,.............do you think Hopkins not being present (as has been stated by others) for the passage of this proposal was a scheduling oversight on his part?

to be honest Gary...most of the percussion people in DCA use it in other venues. There was no grand plan or conspiracy. it was a lot of people, looking at some cold hard truths that said "yep, it's time"

• Like 1

Agreed but so far DCA has not been able to capture the younger audience. Younger marchers yes but not the younger Audience. Looking around at finals its still pretty much the same crowd year after year. I am not so sure that alienating the older crowd with electronics at this point and time was the answer but time will tell. It had to happen at some point.

it will take time. to be honest, DCA dropped some huge PR opportunities in Annapolis. There's at least two band circuits with a huge presence operating there, and nothing was down to take advantage of it.

• Like 2

Someone really took the time to go through the beginning of the thread and negatively rep everyone who said that amps were a good idea.

Talk about no life...

good, I needed more red marks!

:tongue:/>

I feel bad for George Hopkins... he gets blamed for everything....

• Like 1

2007 Cadets was probably the best example of how to ruin a drum corps show using vocals.

This I believe

• Like 1