Rochester's Dave Hayden/Waxer

Our historian, Billy McGrath, informed us this morning of the passing of long timed Rochester Crusader Baritone Dave Hayden - affectionately known to all of us as Waxer... Dave was a real character to say the least and will never be forgotten by all of us who performed with him and got to call him friend...

so sad to hear of waxer's passing. i've known him since i was 13 years old. he would make me laugh so much my sides would split. and he always lead the singing on the bus. a great guy and i will surely miss him. rest in peace my friend.

just another reason to try and get the crusaders together for a reunion

Especially with DCA moving back to Roch in 2014 ... time for some memories and sounds of The Super Corps from 1965 ... no?

My sympathies for the Cru family's loss

Edited by ajlisko

• 2 months later...

yet another Rochguy...RIP Waxer

Especially with DCA moving back to Roch in 2014 ... time for some memories and sounds of The Super Corps from 1965 ... no?

My sympathies for the Cru family's loss

sounds great to me Andy... how much ahead of our time were we playing "Goldfinger" just weeks after the movie was released (James Bond #1)... after watching the academy awards... I would have any corps of mine play that tune for 2013... without hesitating...

sounds great to me Andy... how much ahead of our time were we playing "Goldfinger" just weeks after the movie was released (James Bond #1)... after watching the academy awards... I would have any corps of mine play that tune for 2013... without hesitating...

that was a real production number. and done with class and power.