Carolina Crown 2013

Thanks. Based on that I need to modify my reaction. Phillip Glass - wait. What?

"Facial hair".

peach fuzz. (youngsters) :tongue:

I'm sure this has been discussed already on here, but I just watched the rehearsal run-through on Youtube where the ballad narration is missing for whatever reason, and it's really a shame how much better of a moment it was... So much less distraction from what the horns and front are doing (and what the horns and front are doing could easily contend for "best moment of the season" if left alone). And as cool and "percussive" as the counting vocals are, the ballad narration is just so cringe-worthy on its own merit.

• Like 2

I love the visual during the climax of the ballad when half the brass go down on one knee in a curve and the rest of the brass come up to join the curve, but rather than equal spacing, they put their foot on the outstretched knee of the brass player they are paired with. The visual from the stands there is just awesome. I feel like that kind of thing has to have been done before, but I don't remember seeing it. I think the uniform color really helps that effect work, as well--the contrast between the purple/black of the unis and the silver of the horns makes that visual really pop.

From the Minnesota Fan Network video, this pic really doesn't capture it well, but so you know what I'm talking about:

crown_ballad.png

Edited by skywhopper

I'm sure this has been discussed already on here, but I just watched the rehearsal run-through on Youtube where the ballad narration is missing for whatever reason, and it's really a shame how much better of a moment it was... So much less distraction from what the horns and front are doing (and what the horns and front are doing could easily contend for "best moment of the season" if left alone). And as cool and "percussive" as the counting vocals are, the ballad narration is just so cringe-worthy on its own merit.

Yes, it has.

• Like 1

I can't imagine the ending staying the same for much longer. IMO, it's not quite up to par with the rest of the show, and that's much more of a compliment to the show than a knock on the ending. Honestly, I'm surprised Crown has gone with this ending for as long as they have. When I first heard it, I thought it'd be gone by about the second week of tour.

I would think that if the new ending is not in at San Antonio that you probably won't see it until Murfreesboro.