Carolina Crown 2013

Since they finally put the allentown video up and last night of Buffalo I figure I'd post a couple of thoughts. I really liked the show at Allentown and the new ending with the two drums black hole thing and at the same time the narrators' last words. There were a couple things off in the Allentown show but I'm not worried about them because they've never made those little mistakes before. The Allentown crowd really really loved Crown. I think this was the first video I've seen on the fan network of Crown this summer where I could hear whoops and clapping that I hadn't heard before in their 2nd movement. Their articulation and dynamics is really coming along and the whole corps seems to move as a unit not as 150 individuals playing as a group. I can't wait to see them in finals! Can't say a whole lot about the Buffalo show. Horrid fan network broadcasting......about halfway through the 2nd song it cuts off and the whole video moves to the Bluecoats setting up. I had to manually move the timer to back to watch more Crown. I'm glad Crown on the Tour of Champions and it seemed that finally the fans agreed with the rankings and winners. If their were boos I couldn't hear them. Great Job Crown! Keep pushing and have fun and knock it out of the stadium next Saturday!

• Like 1

So I was watching the show again on that website today and noticed something I hadn't before. I deliberately didn't watch the show before I saw it live in Allentown. There's a lot of sequential work in the guard like tosses down a line of guard and things of that nature and it really struck me again just how well thought out and executed this show is. They took the sequential additive nature of Einstein on the Beach and integrated it into their color guard. I realize this is a standard thing for color guards to do but it seems to be more prevalent in this show and it really makes me happy, whether I'm reading too much into it or not.

So I was watching the show again on that website today and noticed something I hadn't before. I deliberately didn't watch the show before I saw it live in Allentown. There's a lot of sequential work in the guard like tosses down a line of guard and things of that nature and it really struck me again just how well thought out and executed this show is. They took the sequential additive nature of Einstein on the Beach and integrated it into their color guard. I realize this is a standard thing for color guards to do but it seems to be more prevalent in this show and it really makes me happy, whether I'm reading too much into it or not.

Your not reading to much into it. I have a really great who's friends with member of Crowns color guard and she asked them how they put the guard routine in comparison and relation to other parts of the show. The replied that as they were setting the show someone had explained to them that sequencing the guard moves into a number pattern would reflect the narration but mostly to reflect the music being played. The brass book has many different musical parts that sequences and the visual interpretation to that is reflected in the guards routines.....classy indeed!This is only my opinion,but I think that could be a reason Crowns general effect scores have been really high the whole season

• Like 1

Your not reading to much into it. I have a really great who's friends with member of Crowns color guard and she asked them how they put the guard routine in comparison and relation to other parts of the show. The replied that as they were setting the show someone had explained to them that sequencing the guard moves into a number pattern would reflect the narration but mostly to reflect the music being played. The brass book has many different musical parts that sequences and the visual interpretation to that is reflected in the guards routines.....classy indeed!This is only my opinion,but I think that could be a reason Crowns general effect scores have been really high the whole season

I definitely agree with your opinion! The ripple/sequential body moves in the horn line have to help as well. Thanks for your insight into the color guard. I'm really glad to see that the thought they obviously put into this show, shows and they're getting rewarded for me. I love being able to watch a show and catch something new every time and whether that's because I'm still getting very familiar with the show or not, it makes me really excited for the coming days.

But doesn't Crown guard have the sequential work every year? It's something I've always noticed and appreciated and thought it did work so very well with this year's theme.

I definitely agree with your opinion! The ripple/sequential body moves in the horn line have to help as well. Thanks for your insight into the color guard. I'm really glad to see that the thought they obviously put into this show, shows and they're getting rewarded for me. I love being able to watch a show and catch something new every time and whether that's because I'm still getting very familiar with the show or not, it makes me really excited for the coming days.

I love finding something new every time. Since I have the fan network, I've watched their performances more times than any other corps and I still find something that hadn't seen before. Finding something new every time I watch it makes me realize complex this show is.

I've got one extra ticket for finals night. It's in section 543, and well sell it for extremely low price to a true Crown fan.My niece was going to come but something came up and she can't go. All my friends are to busy for such a short notice, and I figure I'd rather a true DCI fan should get it before I offer it to a relative that has no idea what DCI is. pm me if interested.