Carolina Crown 2013

BD Congratulations on yet another real sleeper of a show. So sad to see how so much talent is misused. Imagine if they used it to Rock the Drum Corps World with a kick A%$ program.

I plan on spending Saturday night watching my favorite BD shows of the past - 1976, 1980, 1984, 1986, 2003.

I know there is 0% chance that any of BD's management reading this thread (or any part of DCP at this point.) But wouldn't we rather just hear them play a mix of Channel One Suite, Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, La Fiesta, and One More Time Chick Corea? They could probably do that every year, and win every year - and it would be 300% more entertaining than the shows they do now.

• Like 3

3vg39h.jpg

This is Sad Keanu's take on the situation.

• Like 3

I had an interesting convo with someone in my theatre last night:

If Crown is unable to squeeze out a win on Saturday, could Crown 2013 "replace" Star 1993 as the ultimate DCI snub?

Thoughts?

I had an interesting convo with someone in my theatre last night:

If Crown is unable to squeeze out a win on Saturday, could Crown 2013 "replace" Star 1993 as the ultimate DCI snub?

Thoughts?

No. Star's performance in 1993 was one for the ages. It had no weaknesses. Read the caps here:

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=1993173

There are no 18 out of 20's on this caption. And that is what we will see on Crown's percussion caption tomorrow night. Because of that, it will not be a snub.

• Like 1

This has probably been mentioned before, but I only saw Crown's show for the first time on Tuesday.

I like how the guard at the end runs in slow motion, because it not only suggests the attempt to escape the black hole, but it also recalls the end of "Triple Crown".

Congrats on the Semi's Win tonight.

I saw them in the theater. I said this last night, That is your champion.

Tomorrow night, I fully expect the end of the show to be ridiculous, and awesome. I cannot wait for the stream, It will be totally worth it.

That ending with the crown appearing, Will be so good tomorrow night.

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 2