Carolina Crown 2013

I really would like your corps to win this year. It has been 17 years since we have had a first-time champion. (Phantom was the last one, in 1996.) This would help invigorate the activity, and hopefully lead to a more balanced competitive environment for drum corps in the future.

I would like to see this. But logically, I just don't think it is going to happen. I don't think you can reel in BD, with only 8 days to go, and a 1 point disadvantage. I hope your percussion line does not cost you a title, but that is what appears to be happening. In the past, it was visual design and execution that cost you titles.

Until your corps has zero weaknesses - and I do mean zero - you will not bring home a championship. The judges in DCI may or may not be biased, but they are certainly unforgiving.

Try your best for the next week. Maybe BD will slip up - perhaps have a bad run-through next Saturday. At a minimum, give your best efforts, and take home a silver medal with pride. Start making preparations for next year; maybe the percussion staff needs to be revamped.

I really do wish you all the best.

• Like 1

I really would like your corps to win this year. It has been 17 years since we have had a first-time champion. (Phantom was the last one, in 1996.) This would help invigorate the activity, and hopefully lead to a more balanced competitive environment for drum corps in the future.

I would like to see this. But logically, I just don't think it is going to happen. I don't think you can reel in BD, with only 8 days to go, and a 1 point disadvantage. I hope your percussion line does not cost you a title, but that is what appears to be happening. In the past, it was visual design and execution that cost you titles.

Until your corps has zero weaknesses - and I do mean zero - you will not bring home a championship. The judges in DCI may or may not be biased, but they are certainly unforgiving.

Try your best for the next week. Maybe BD will slip up - perhaps have a bad run-through next Saturday. At a minimum, give your best efforts, and take home a silver medal with pride. Start making preparations for next year; maybe the percussion staff needs to be revamped.

Actually, crown won by .8 last time they met. Yes there was no percussion judge, but still nowhere near the 1 point gap that you mentioned. Don't call this year until the last corps performs on Saturday, this fight is far from over

• Like 2

Just watched the Charlotte show vid ... the "new" ending still leaves me flat ...

the drill once they reprise ASZ is the least effective part of the show ... too long to form the Crown and it just doesn't look tight/aligned ...

also a long time with the guard kinda' just running around and falling down ...

A week from today I hope we have a new champion that can be added to DCI's history. However, I really don't like to think that the only way Crown could win is if BD mess up. When Crown heads onto the field finals night they can't be thinking "Don't mess up" but instead "Let's get it, we deserve this, let's go show the world it's time for a new champion"

Not to many I hope, don't want to overload them this close to finals

btw in the Atlanta live broadcast I noticed something. the four members that say 1 2 3 4 etc was hard to hear. Were the mics malfunctioning or have they decided to lower the volume on when they speak?

Perhaps it was because my seats were at the club level (I usually sit close to the bottom) but I had a very difficult time hearing the counting in Atlanta as well. In fact, other than the Bluecoats, I had a hard time hearing anything from anyone's speakers.

Perhaps it was because my seats were at the club level (I usually sit close to the bottom) but I had a very difficult time hearing the counting in Atlanta as well. In fact, other than the Bluecoats, I had a hard time hearing anything from anyone's speakers.

Thought so

A week from today I hope we have a new champion that can be added to DCI's history. However, I really don't like to think that the only way Crown could win is if BD mess up. When Crown heads onto the field finals night they can't be thinking "Don't mess up" but instead "Let's get it, we deserve this, let's go show the world it's time for a new champion"

BD has had bad run-throughs on Finals night before. Their 1989 performance was extremely poor; their soloist had severe issues that night. And in 2008, their percussion section line experienced problems, opening the door for Phantom to win. So it is not without precedent. It doesn't happen often, but it does.

So if this does happen, take the medal and appreciate it. No one is asking the SCV members for 1989 to turn their medals, just because BD performed poorly that night.

Okay, I fianlly saw the new ending (I have been super busy and haven't seen the show since early june.

IF they end up winning in next saturday night, I feel the slow reveal of the crown at the end of the show, will be a fitting ending to a Championship Season.