Carolina Crown 2013

Who has never heard Also Sprach Zarathustra? Also, if you've never seen The Abyss, it really is a great movie! I'll admit to never having listened to Einstein on the Beach before this spring, but I had heard of it.....because there used to be this poster here on DCP whose screen name was Einstein on the Beach. Whatever happened to that guy?

The gap is really close. Also their percussion score is a lot better than the last few competitions. .........if they keep up their progress the title could go to Crown next Saturday.

I was sitting behind these two women today who seemed really angry after Crown's show. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard this: 'Tell me the concept musically and do it with music I know.'

It was said very angrily. It made me a little angry because nothing was said to Oregon Crusaders and their original music or the different soundtrack music throughout the different shows. I can understand people not liking the narration.

I actually found the narration really effective during the ballad as it built with the brass build. Goosebump city. I also freely admit that I enjoy the source material so I know I might be more accepting of it than others but I really do think it worked well. The narration that followed that point wasn't as effective but it didn't draw me out of the show or anything like that.

As I said, I am familiar with Glass' Einstein on the Beach and I thought the way Crown approached the narration with the music was wonderful and it definitely resonated deeper with me. It was a mind blowing show. Mind blowing.

People are so different in what they like and dislike I wouldn't give it a second thought. Personally, I liked the show from the beginning without knowing anything about Glass or the theme, it just reached me. But learning more about it has made it even more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd post this here. This is one of the reasons why I loved being apart of this horn line, and why I will always enjoy listening to these clips I find on the interwebs!

• Like 4

I have been a fan of Crown since the 2006 season and I have to say this year is fast becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. The more I watch it on Fan network the more I love it. As the announcer at Southwest Corps Connection in June I had the pleasure of experiencing it from the sidelines and sadly that will be my only live viewing since I could not go on tour at all this year.

Keep up the great work Crown... no matter how you place on Saturday this show will be at the top of my list!

"Everything must have an ending... except my love for you.." clip at the very end of the show gave me crazy chills! This show is everything.

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

• Like 2

Just thought I'd post this here. This is one of the reasons why I loved being apart of this horn line, and why I will always enjoy listening to these clips I find on the interwebs!

wow! what a sound!