Glassmen Cookbook

While it is full of glassmen recipes, it's also supplemented with other recipes from members and volunteers personal books. One really nice feature to this book will be its ease for local high school bands and other groups that need to feed a lot of mouths. It's being done with a conversion for home and for 200 essentially.

And I feel eating in drum corps has definitely changed a lot even in my time from 02-08. Many corps have had nutritionists come in and help ensure the members are getting what they need nutritionally.

The Glassmen ate very well. I always admired it even before I was a member. Things from g-loaf to chicken stuff were always favorites in my time. The cookbook last I heard was nearing 400 recipes entered. Should be a worthwhile purchase for home and organizations as well as a great fundraiser for the corps.

Our condiment of choice was HP sauce, you may need to look it up.

Breakfast was a square sausage in a bread roll served with HP sauce spread on the square sausage. (you may also need to look up square sausage).

Dinner was normally something deep fried.... fish & chips (fries) was a favourite.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

The other topic title was way funnier! thumbup.gif

Although it wouldn't be a book I'd buy, I have a few friends who would..... or is that wood?

Ok back on topic, I can imagine this cook book will sell well. I too would buy one.

Will you or won't you buy this book?

• Like 1

Will you or won't you buy this book?

Sorry, the OP had originally posted this in a topic called Glasmen Cokbook which was promptly closed by the admins. Hopefully that should put my post into context.

And I would buy the book, the cookbook that is.

This is fantastic.

What could be really great, rather than making into a physical book, would be to make it into a simple website.

With each recipe, it could also be very cool to be able to calculate costs (whole meal, per serving, etc.).

Adding the cost side into this could make it even more helpful for some groups with a bit less experience in this area.

I would imagine a website as opposed to the physical book would make the fundraising side of it much more difficult.

Make it digital, but still sell it. Making a physical book would cost much more to produce than making a digital version.